Can I keep stock GN wheels on a rear brake upgrade

350turboGN

I'm asking because I would like to keep my stock GN wheels an I would like to upgrade my rear drums to disc

I know the F body rears will fit a factory aluminum turbine style wheel but not sure if they'll fit a steel wheel. And the word is brakes, btw.

I know the F body rears will fit a factory aluminum turbine style wheel but not sure if they'll fit a steel wheel. And the word is brakes, btw.
Lol I'm sorry my stupid phone! What's the spacing on the turbine wheels? I know it's just the inner edge that I'm worried about

I used a set of the Western 8.5" wide with a 3 & 5/8" back spacing to check, but the rotors pushed the wheels so far out they wouldn't clear the rear fenders.If they were 4" back spacing they would've worked. They should fit the stock turbines though.

I used a set of the Western 8.5" wide with a 3 & 5/8" back spacing to check, but the rotors pushed the wheels so far out they wouldn't clear the rear fenders.If they were 4" back spacing they would've worked. They should fit the stock turbines though.
Alright thanks for the info with all these questions I'm new to Buicks

find someone with a 98-02 F body with rear discs to see if you can try your wheels on their car.. where are you located: i've got the LS1 disc brakes on my 86 Camaro front and rear, so if you're close enough you could stop by and see if they will fit on either end..

for the record, 15X7 aluminum Monte Carlo SS wheels fit over the LS1 brakes front and rear, with about 1/4" of spacing at the closest point on the rears and a slight interference with the caliper fins on the front that i took care of by just dusting off the tips of the fins with a flap wheel on an angle grinder..

find someone with a 98-02 F body with rear discs to see if you can try your wheels on their car.. where are you located: i've got the LS1 disc brakes on my 86 Camaro front and rear, so if you're close enough you could stop by and see if they will fit on either end..

for the record, 15X7 aluminum Monte Carlo SS wheels fit over the LS1 brakes front and rear, with about 1/4" of spacing at the closest point on the rears and a slight interference with the caliper fins on the front that i took care of by just dusting off the tips of the fins with a flap wheel on an angle grinder..
Ya I heard that the 15x7 Monte wheels fit I'm from pittsburgh where are you from

my location is in my sig: Howard Lake, MN... the board used to show your location if you wanted it to, but it doesn't any more..

currently, it's got 4 16X8 GTA "rear" wheels on it, but the aluminum 15X7 Monte SS wheels also fit.. i don't know of anyone with a GN in my area so i can't try one of those wheels over my brakes..

currently, it's got 4 16X8 GTA "rear" wheels on it, but the aluminum 15X7 Monte SS wheels also fit.. i don't know of anyone with a GN in my area so i can't try one of those wheels over my brakes..
Alright I have gta wheels up in my roof of my shop I just put GNs on it