Can I get this car titled?

madhat

I contacted the Texas car title site and they never replied. So, before I waste time trying to talk to the local place, I thought I would try here.
I have an Rx-7 w/o a title. A previous owner had a guy haul it off when the engine gave out. It sat in his possesion for probably a few months to years. A friend of mine then bought it from him. He had it for a few years, but never titled it because it didnt have a title. I now have it and it is in much better shape than my other car and would like to get this car DDing. Is there anyway for me to get this car titled? I was told in Texas you can't drive w/ a salvage title, but this wouldn't be a salvage title would it?

As far as I know you can drive a car in Texas with a salvage title. But I wouldn't think that would be the case on this car.

You will need to fill out form VTR 34 Application for a certified copy of a Texas title.

If you go in person to the office in Dallas, you get it right then without waiting it will cost $5.45. You may want to call first though?

There located at 1925 E Beltline rd suite 100 Carrollton, Tx 75006
PH# 972 417 0884

You will need to fill out form VTR 34 Application for a certified copy of a Texas title.

You get it right then without waiting, it will cost $5.45. You may want to call first though?

I've done this before. But, MY NAME was on the title, the DMV lady asked for ID.You'll have to hunt down the vehicle owner. You could ask a junkyard owner how to get an abondoned vehicle title, in this case. HTH.