can felons hunt??? ~~~ anyone know anything on the subject???

ttaowner

my cousin loves hunting almost as much as alcohol. well long story short over the last 10 years he has gotten several driving under the influence charges and went to jail briefly for it at 1 point but i gues that wasnt considered a felony so he was able to hunt the couple years. well apparently he had another court case in the past that he was suppose to do some time and he didnt go back and finish up and business and it caught up with him this week. i guess this "new" stuff was from 5 years ago even though a diffrent state let him go and didnt catch the fact that he should of just been transfered to the other prison.

i got my hunting credentials when i was 15 and hunted that year and didnt hunt again for another 21 years until my cousin busted my balls into hunting with him the last 2 years and i had a great time and we made a lot of memories . i have bought quite a few guns this past year and joined a rod and gun club just so we would have some stuff to do and now this. up until him showing back up i couldnt really care less about any of this but now im not sure if i lost my hunting buddy or not.

we are both in connecticut but both of his drunk driving arrests were in 2 diffrent states in the northeast.

will he ever be ever be able to hunt anywhere ever again ? i guess a black powder gun is considered a primative weapon so could he use this? how about a bow and arrow?

please no lectures on whats right and wrong on what he did.our granfather was a alcoholic and thats why i dont drink. his father which isnt blood to me was also a alcoholic. no one got hurt in any of his drinking and driving.

BB Gun, Bow an Arrow or will just have to Trap game..No FireArms!! If people bring firearms,He'll have to stay home

I think as long as it wasn't a "violent" felony he can use black powder and muskets... Bow and arrow yes!

What if he gets sauced and ends up shooting you? I think you need a new hunting buddy without a felon history...

I'm a CHL Instructor & Peace Officer here in Tx.
Laws regrading felons & firearms vary state-to-state; usually a lifetime ban on handguns.
possession/ownership issues on rifles/shotguns can be very confusing :confused:
also where the hunting takes place, private property, state park, federal land...
Its probably best to contact your states Attorney General or DPS or even hunting license bureau
probably has an FAQ page
Better safe than sorry
HTH!
Do_O

Only 1 state I know of will allow felons to purchase and own firearms. Wyoming if I remember right. In 99% of the cases a felon with a firearm is an imediate return to the pen. Black powder weapons aren't considered firearms by the feds but some states don't care. Bow hunting is 100% legal for him since there's no restrictions that I know of in all 50 states, but you do live in 1 of the idiot states full of liberals so they might be restricted.

Only 1 state I know of will allow felons to purchase and own firearms. Wyoming if I remember right. In 99% of the cases a felon with a firearm is an imediate return to the pen. Black powder weapons aren't considered firearms by the feds but some states don't care. Bow hunting is 100% legal for him since there's no restrictions that I know of in all 50 states, but you do live in 1 of the idiot states full of liberals so they might be restricted.

Neither 1 of us really like it here but unfortunately all the people / connections and my family all live here but I might consider moving elsewhere and I'm positive he hates it here as well. I looked it up on google the most expensive states to live in and AK is the most expensive #2 was HI #3 was CA and #4 was CT and a bunch of other new England states were in the top 10 . I have considered moving for a while now. I was asking a member on here before about down south and what not and he explained it to me like this
" no one ever retires to the north" and it made sense.

Once we figure out what's going on with him and what he can and can't do maybe a move will be in the future.

The question is:
Does CT issue hunting licenses to convicted felons?
But beyond that - even if they do, he cannot hunt with a firearm.​