can anyone confirm 5 stations in NH with e85 now ?

murphinator

I delivered a 4.8 ls engine to a guy in Chester NH last night that has a 1700 hp c10 pickup ( lsx 427 with 5 liter whipple) I asked him what he ran for fuel in it and he said e85 so i aksed if he was travelling to boston for it or getting it by the drum and he said heck no I get it in Derry at Irving/blue canoe and he said theres 5 irving/blue canoes in n\h with e85 now.

I check e85 locator every few months to see if its gotten closer to me here in maine as well as just google e85 maine , e85 new hampshire etc... and even last night no results even when adding in irving/blue canoe.

I know Pronto in particular has been posting in the e85 section on here learning but no sense if its not available.

From what i understand e85 is at many of those mass pike service areas .. not any closer to Maine though ..

That's news to me! I'll have to research Irvings in Derry!

I just called the Irving in Derry, no E85 there...
Did he say where the other stations were?

That PU sounds familiar. I think Al might know of it. I'll have to ask him.

he didnt say where the other stations were , I asked if any were closer to Portsmouth/95 from him though and he said no.

As far as I can confirm the closest to me is in Boston I have bought some there for blending a few years back but it just makes no sense until it gets closer. What really baffles me is the fact government flex fuel vehicles are supposed to fill up with it over gasoline if its available , you would think a station owner near a government vehicle yard/depot would see the light , unfortunately I tihnk its up to performance enthusiasts to spread the positive word over all the negatives generated by general media.

sounds like you have also done some digging Pronto , what reallly is frustrating to me is that the ethanol that gets blended into e10 in our areas mostly comes by rail car to safe handling in Auburn maine which is only about 4o minutes from me so that should be e98 sitting right there.

I understand people that want nothing to do with ethanol as it does have some negatives in certain applications such as long term storage , in boats with fibergalss fuel tanks ( real old) but what i wish was available was a choice via blender pumps where if someone wants no ethanol in their gas they can choose 100% gas , I might choose e50 and you might pick e85. I dont think choice is too much to ask lol.

Flex fuel cars are here to stay. Ethanol fuel has been around for a hundred years. Buyers should be the ones to choose which fuel they want to use. The use in boosted cars is proven to be a great fuel. It's just political crap.

Flex fuel cars are here to stay. Ethanol fuel has been around for a hundred years. Buyers should be the ones to choose which fuel they want to use. The use in boosted cars is proven to be a great fuel. It's just political crap.

Henry Ford designed the first flex fuel vehicle 100 years ago ( rich/ lean dial to swap between gas and alcohol) google search henry ford,rockerfeller,alcohol together and poke around the results - prohibition was not really about temperance it was about $$$ .

Rockerfeller funded the "washington wives" temperance movement with staggering amounts of money for the time which brought about prohibition then you couldnt distill your own alcohol to fuel your car , tractor , or yourself lol now you had to use gaoline which rockerfeller had big interests in ...

Gasoline was a leftover waste product from refining crude oil , when aromatics such as zylene or toluene were added to this waste product it would burn and could fuel vehicles. Henry Ford fought it but at the time he was just a new automaker without the deep pockets of rockerfeller , Ford preferred to run alcohol as engine internals stayed clean instead of getting carbon deposits not to mention you only had to visit the next farm to get alcohol from a farmers still as gas stations were still far between.