Can alky kit use damage cat converter?

HOOGENRAAD

Just wondering if the methanol can damage a catalytic converter. I run straight meth in my razor kit. Looking to make my car somewhat emissions compliant for next season. I overheard from a friend who said it damages the cat? Thanks!

bad for cats... yes very bad ... kills em dead, people too!

now cat converters i cant see why if it doesnt harm an o2 sensor why would you think it will harm a converter , antifreeze or oil yes, over rich yes , overtime exposed to zinc yes, leaded gas definitely and quickly

Just wondering if the methanol can damage a catalytic converter. I run straight meth in my razor kit. Looking to make my car somewhat emissions compliant for next season. I overheard from a friend who said it damages the cat? Thanks!

Maybe indirectly it does.......due to the fact that you can crank the boost up to to 25psi with no knock and blow the pellets right out of the thing :eek: :biggrin:

I run a cat...............every two years for emissions testing for about 1 hour each time.:biggrin:

Don't think it will hurt the cat if you are running it full time.

Maybe indirectly it does.......due to the fact that you can crank the boost up to to 25psi with no knock and blow the pellets right out of the thing :eek: :biggrin:

Pellets???? You still living in the 70's???

Pellet converters were done away with LONG before our Turbo Regals came along.:rolleyes:

Pellets???? You still living in the 70's???

Pellet converters were done away with LONG before our Turbo Regals came along.:rolleyes:

Well there you go......I stand corrected. I didn't know that, as mine was empty when I bought it.
Oh, and in some ways I wish I was living in the 70's. :cool::biggrin: