Can a stock block take 14 bolt heads?

Yep but you can't use the extra bolts without doing some welding, drilling and tapping to the block.

You cannot use stage 2 , 14 bolt heads on a stock block, champion or M&A's are fine.

guy's I think what Dan was asking was will the 14 bolt heads bolt up to a stock block using 8 head bolts :)

Okay, is an 8 bolt block the same as a 14 bolt block with only 8 holes or are they different blocks? I'll go over the gnttype and see what I can find.

I am not looking to do this, I was just trying to expand my knowledge.

I check out the blocks over at GNTTYPE and I believe that all the 109 blocks where 8 bolt engines.

There where 3.8L that where 14 bolt, but they are stage I engines and have different part numbrs. There is quite a bit more meat around the tops of these blocks.

So to answer my own question I don't think it would be a good Idea. Might be better to try and get a stage I engine.

There is not enough meat on a stock block to tap and use the extra bolts. You could possibly weld on enough additional material. What I would do if I were determined to do this (and had a lot of time and machine shop access) would be to mill flat spots on the block sides and make steel bosses that bolted to the sides of the block and incorporated the extra head bolt holes. This might make the ultimate killer TSM motor...but given the machine labor cost it'd be a fundamentally stupid thing to pay anyone to do. :)