Can a fuel pump be bench tested?

Better yet, why not do a video of the fuel test and prove to all your experience;)

I'd like to see a pic of that "test bench" :)

not much to see.. go take some pics of a stock fuel rail with a regulator on it..5 gallon stainless fuel cell with the a stock type sending unit going to a stock length rubber feed line that feeds the rail.. return goes back to the fuel cell through a stock length rubber return. Air pressure line with adjustable regulator to adjust air pressure going to the fuel pressure regulator... stand alone driver box for the injectors.. 12V power supply with a gain box to raise lower voltage to the pump.... small digital timer for time reference ... each injector draining to a graduated cylinder. Test port at the front of fuel rail has valve to open or close to a graduated collector when injectors are commanded off.

Same setup is used to measure injector flow .. same setup is used to observe / compare injector characteristics at certain pressures... same setup is used to clean injectors.

To test pumps its very inexpensive to make .. to test injectors it gets more pricey because of the driver box ..

Better yet, why not do a video of the fuel test and prove to all your experience;)

Because I'm actually busy putting that experience to use on these cars.... I'll make sure to post up an affidavit for you ... What's next a copy of certification for the accuracy of the graduated cylinder or calibration of the voltmeter used to verify the supply voltage ...

Because I'm actually busy putting that experience to use on these cars.... I'll make sure to post up an affidavit for you ... What's next a copy of certification for the accuracy of the graduated cylinder or calibration of the voltmeter used to verify the supply voltage ...
LOL....nah, just a video. Not doubting your abilities, just trying to learn things! :D

WOW, Ease up my man, pull back on the hormones
Many would like to see this type of test for future references
I don't need to see a "copy of certification for the accuracy of the graduated cylinder"
A video will be sufficient;)

WOW, Ease up my man, pull back on the hormones
Many would like to see this type of test for future references
I don't need to see a "copy of certification for the accuracy of the graduated cylinder"
A video will be sufficient;)

I have a better Idea .. offer up $500 and I will ship you the unit then you can post up all the pics and video you want .. heck then we can just send you our pumps and you can flow things for us !
Maybe you can post up a video of pump flow with zero pressure VS 70 psi so we can all see the difference :)

I made a makeshift bench a long time ago to flow test some injectors and its a wonder I didn't catch myself on fire. Never got around to building a proper one so if you have a few pics I'd love to see it. Especially the injector to graduated cylinder area so I can get a feel for how tall the cylinder should be. As you said before a pump test bench is a much simpler contraption.