Can a check ball cause a rattling sound

JimP

I've noticed that when my car is parked between my house and my neighbour's house and it's in reverse, I can hear what sounds like a rattling sound coming from the transmission.

Its definetly not the converter or the tc bolts, it definetely sounds like it's in the valve body but only when in reverse.

It's a dual feed unit using ck's calibration kit. The trans works great otherwise. I've made sure nothing else is loose or rattling, to me it sounds like a check ball. Any ideas?

Thank you!

My buddy was over and had a listen, he better describes it like a buzzing sound if that helps.

It sounds like the pump. When in reverse all the pressure boost valves are in play increasing line pressure. The pressure regulator valve can make a buzzing sound.

It sounds like the pump. When in reverse all the pressure boost valves are in play increasing line pressure. The pressure regulator valve can make a buzzing sound.
I have the .555 boost valve in there now, I have a spare .500

I put it into low manually (I have the stage right Trans brake), no noise when in low 1 just in reverse.

I guess I will switch out the valve and put in the .500 and see. I never really noticed this until I started parking between the houses. My pressure is 275psi in reverse and low 1.

The roll pin that holds the over pressure spring in sometimes rubs that spring and "cuts" a coil off resulting in the overpressure releasing and having a "buzzing" sound. Are you experiencing the vent "spitting" fluid out?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

The roll pin that holds the over pressure spring in sometimes rubs that spring and "cuts" a coil off resulting in the overpressure releasing and having a "buzzing" sound. Are you experiencing the vent "spitting" fluid out?

No fluid out the vent and Trans is slightly over filled to about the bend on the dipstick.

Still could be the over pressure relief passing the overpressure. The spring holds a ball and if it has too much pressure it could be letting it off causing the buzzing sound. Maybe swapping in the .500 will help.

Not sure what it was but after quickly tugging the TV cable a few times the buzzing sound is gone. So for now I didn't swap out the valves, time will tell.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Might have had some "debris" in there and a quick bunch of extra pressure flushed it.