Camshaft ?

kilr6

Doing a complete rebuild from the ground up. Looking for a completely new combo(see old signature). I am thinking of going with a solid lift roller cam. Not quite sure of the size yet but it will be backed up with a girdled stock .30 block 70mm tb and a 72 turbo good heads and so forth. Some feel that the solid lift will set off the knock sensor. I don't know.. This car probably will not see the street. Looking for some ideas and opinions and advise.
Thanks
Dave

why solid lifters? You will be shifting at 6,000 or less if you want any kind of longevity...better yet, 5500...knock sensor "may" be affected also

get a good hydraulic roller and be done with it

Solid Rollers won't work in a stock block without sleeving the lifter bores. The lifter can uncover the oil passage and cause a massive drop in oil pressure.

Why go solid? Wild cam timing isn't really needed.

DR

That is the type of input that I was looking for. The reason I was looking at the solid lift is: I know they are not the same but I liked the constant lift across the board that the solid lift gives and normally with my old combo i shifted at 6100. The previous camshaft was a 224/224 and using a .82 exhaust housing on a 63-1 turbo.
Can someone give me a few ideas on which hyd. roller?
Thanks

Unless you have a Stage 2 block, solid rollers will not work. If you are determined to try, I have a complete solid roller kit with about 5 minutes run time I will sell cheap?