camshaft specifications

Jordan83

I am needing to know the specs for the stock camshaft that Buick put in the 83 t-types. I had a machine shop rebuild my 231 and asked him if he could put a cam in that was a little bit bigger than stock but would still work with the turbo and computer. He put in a comp cams 268H that has .469 lift on the intake and exhaust. The car runs terrible and dies as soon as I put it in gear. This cam has got to be a lot bigger than stock!!!

That 268 cam has too much overlap. In a turbo motor you dont want the intake valve and the exhaust valve open together on the exhaust stroke. If the exhaust valve is open when the intake opens, you will lose your boost right into the exhaust...There are a lot of cam companies that make a turbo specific cam but you need to contact them directly....I would suggest nore more than 206 degrees @ .050 on a 112 lobe center......The lift is relatively unimportant too.......The amount of boost that you can get the motor to take replaces the need for a big cam......

My first question is, Do you have the heat riser on? This is the pipe that runs from your driver header to your airbox. If this is not on and your temp is below 60 deg the car will run bad..bog..yad,yad,yad

My running the 260H cam myself, it's one below yours

Jim