Camaro Hybrid in Hot Rod Drag Week!

UR50SLO

The Reaper
How's it going guys... I'm doing Hot Rod's Drag Week this year...

What a great bunch of guys come to this event... and the most diverse car base I've ever seen at one event.

Everything from a Durimax Diesel powered Mustang to a 7second 204mph ChevyII

Vegy powerd VW Bug...
2.3L 9second Mustang.

Turbo's on alot of cars here...

ANYONE who can do this next year I reallllly think you'll have a good time.

You must drive your car on the route they set... make one pass at each track (minimum)
There are NO trailers.. NO support vehicles 1100-1500mi of real street driving.
If you trailer your car anywhere your Out. You break and can't fix with what you brought.. or another racer has/help/ect.. your out.
Your at the mercy of the mechanical gremlens!
Here's some Pics!
I went 10.61@131mph today.
Second day 10.66@129mph
Third day 10.53@130mph
4th day 11.5 @ 119 (Camshaft sensor gear/cam gear got chewed up)
5th day 10.62@126 letting out.
Made it all the way threw the week and my avarage et was 10.71@129mph

Got 3d in Modified Power adder award
And "Quickest Six Cyl" award
Pictures of the event and stuff are on Hotrod.com
and 1320Video.com
(Pic's)
Come out next year and have some fun guys!
~Scott
DragWeek2009CamaroLaunch.jpg

P1000491.JPG

DSC09750.sized.jpg

Camaroatsummit4.jpg

CamaroatSummit1.jpg

CamaroatMartin2009%204.jpg

Found this at 8am Friday morning(Last day) in the parking lot at the Slasher Motel... Luckly Webber Racing in Northern OH had a retired guy drive 2 1/2hrs to bring me cam gear and cam sensor gear... Got the parts... 45min later I was all back together and drove 4hrs from Columbus to Muncie .. through the checkpoints along the way with pictures and made my Last pass at 10.60

Camarotorndown.jpg

One heck of a good time and well worth taking the week off with some of the most dedicated cool Street cars and guys/gals you'll ever meet!
See you there next year!:)
Scott~

rollin.jpg

Awards.jpg

Nice Job Scott,

You definately got one hell of a sleeper there!!!

Hey what intercooler are you running on your car?

That looks fun!

What was the car doing when you figured the cam/sensor gears were chewed up? I'm thinking I got the same issue with my car. Sorry for the hijack.

What was the car doing when you figured the cam/sensor gears were chewed up?

I think there is lack of lubication on those two gears. Most of my driving around home is city with very little highway. This trip was hours on the interstate at 75mph. With no or little lube going to the gears driving the oil pump it'll chew them up.
I just pulled out the cam sensor after driving 4hrs to muncie and 3.5hrs home. Gear is perfect but the high impact lube I put on the two gears is still there. That tells me there is no oil getting slung onto the cam gear set.
I plan on making a direct oil feed with small orface to the top of the cover pointing at the gears so they get direct lube. (winter project) Lol.

Sam... It's a 4" thick core I got from a guy here who ended up not building a Turbo Mustang project. 3" inlet/outlet. I think I paid 300.00 for it then Made the pipes.
Like most of the other used parts on my car.
Thanks again for the 100000+time for all the great used parts guys!
I'd never have this thing together with out them!!!!
~Scott
U-Tube from Martin MI
YouTube - UR50SLO's Channel

Man yall havin all the fun!!!:biggrin:

Tell me what you think about the tubelar front parts and rack steering. I want to do that also. How do you like it?

Tell me what you think about the tubelar front parts and rack steering. I want to do that also. How do you like it?

The steering radius is about a 1/2 turn less. It does not effect driving much.

I sent my old K-member to PAracing down by Indy. They dupicated the engine mounts exactly where mine are now. My engine set's back a bit further than TTA.
But they built it just where my old mounts were.
I had to put some extra bracing on the K-Member engine mounts but everything fit great.
It's not a cooshy of a ride as the stock spring setup but it's not real rough either.
I'm happy overall with the switch and would not go back to stock!

You'll have to go next year man.. It's a great group of guys!!!!!!!!
Plus we can't seem to get together at any other events Lol.
~Scott