cam swap

FatNasty231

just wanted to test the waters with this ?. i want to do a cam swap on my 87 GN. what i'm looking for is a cam that will give me a very aggressive lope and killer idle but yet at the same time help my performance. mods are te-44,42.5 squirters,built TH350 trans.,3"downpipe right into a one chamber flowmaster dumping under pass. seat. (that alone makes it sound sweet). any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

A cam with a lopey idle will kill performance on a near stock engine. If it has the stk cam leave it in or go roller.

Thanks For The Reply. I Guess I Forgot To Mention I Most Likely Will Be Going With A Roller Set Up. I've Had A Lot Of People Tell Me Go With The Xr2 Set-up From Fullthrottle.com

You're not going to get a lopey idle and improve performance. Just isn't going to happen. A cam with enough overlap to lope is going to bleed so much cylinder pressure that it's going to take about 6 months to spool your turbo. If you've got a stock cam I'd leave it alone until you have to replace it. My. .02 james

Yeah, don't try to make these cars sound like a V8. If that's what you're after get a dump with an electric cutout...