cam suggestions???

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to pull the converter this weekend and send it out. Hopefully that takes care of the majority of the problem.

Id check the springs too asap. Measure them on a spring tester and verify installed height. If you have them in there at less than 105-110psi on the seat at that boost pressure you are leaving performance on the table.

Id check the springs too asap. Measure them on a spring tester and verify installed height. If you have them in there at less than 105-110psi on the seat at that boost pressure you are leaving performance on the table.

Are there any springs you'd recommend other than the lt-1 springs that I have. If I'm taking them off to check them, I might as well switch them out. They're almost 10 years old anyways. ..

Bill, good luck on your quest for that 10 sec et. A cam and head change would make it alot easier to get there but its not going to be easy on stock cam and heads. Your gonna need to lay down a good 60' with lots of boost! I will eventually make it there. Deren

Thanks! Hopefully it makes it there by the end of the season. I'm determined to get these bugs worked out!!!

Oh, I didn't know the springs were that old. Id have kip send you some new ones. I believe he usually stocks the correct comp or kmotion springs.

Are there any springs you'd recommend other than the lt-1 springs that I have. If I'm taking them off to check them, I might as well switch them out. They're almost 10 years old anyways. ..
Id have to know for sure they were a problem before i can advise. Switching them out isnt enough unless youre going to check them. I dont play games with springs and think i might be ok. I verify installed height and check the springs if they are in question. Ive gone fast on LT1 springs and made power to at least 5300@25psi. I like to know i fixed a problem or at least eliminated it as a potential problem instead of hoping the problem went away. Im not posting what installed height i might use since others will think thats all they need to do and they are all set. They wont take into consideration coil bind or the wrong springs. I posted what pressure id look for. Thats more than enough to get this potential problem fixed.

Bison, you think it could be the springs even though it has no problem staying north of 5k and keeps pulling?
Bill could you attach the power logger file here?

Bison, you think it could be the springs even though it has no problem staying north of 5k and keeps pulling?

It may feel likes it's pulling, but at 30+psi with his combination, and only 113+mph... It's not!

K.

well, I tried to upload the Power Logger files onto here. I keeps saying invalid file. I'm guessing because its saved as a ".dat" file. I'll mess with it again later and see if I can get it to work.

At 30psi I'd expect 122-123mph and about 97mph in the eighth. I'm thinking it's springs and converter.

well, I tried to upload the Power Logger files onto here. I keeps saying invalid file. I'm guessing because its saved as a ".dat" file. I'll mess with it again later and see if I can get it to work.

Bill,

Zip the .dat file and you will be able to upload the .zip

right-click the file, select "send to"-->"compressed file

then attach the compressed file to your post