Cam sensor

Okie87GN

Alright I'm about to beat a dead horse but could not find the info I needed.

Been diagnosing a prob with my gn for a while now and determined it's the cam sensor after unplugging it and taking it for a drive.

The car is breaking up in the upper rpms, the cam sensor is installed correctly. If I turn it counter clockwise it breaks up a little less but too much and it won't start, if I turn it clockwise it breaks up sooner in the rpm range. This is with the stock cap, I tried the led cap from caspers and couldn't even get the car started. Any help is appreciated!

Have you pulled it up and checked the gear , shaft play and roll pin?
How is your timing set? If it has the stock plastic gear it could be affecting the cam sensor timing.

Haven't checked the timing set yet. Pull the sensor and the gear looked fine, it had a little up and down play but no side to side and the roll pin is fine. If I unplug it it runs good. I'm new to this so I'll ask a noob question lol. What is the plastic gear your talking about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ok thank you. I'll check into it. The car does have a small cam in it but I'm not sure if any of that was replaced. But if that's the case would it run good if the cam sensor is unplugged?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I had the same problem years ago.Replaced whole cam sensor and took care of the problem.