Cam Sensor question

m2mtrsports

I know another one of these but I have not found any previous situations like this.
I replaced my cam sensor cap with the Caspers one with the light according to the instructions.
I actually got some life out of the engine (first time this season). It barely idled for about 10s.
Other starting attempts after that only got a couple seconds and sometimes a pop out the intake. Normally this is related to timing or a lean condition.

My question is if the cam sensor shaft is 1 or more teeth off can it cause this?

I plan on removing the whole sensor assembly and re-installing this weekend as it does not match the diagrams/photo in the instructions. Instructions show and call out that the "window" should be at the 4 oclock position at TDC, mine is at 5-5:30. Likely one tooth off.

Hopefully some one actually answers this time.

I know another one of these but I have not found any previous situations like this.
I replaced my cam sensor cap with the Caspers one with the light according to the instructions.
I actually got some life out of the engine (first time this season). It barely idled for about 10s.
Other starting attempts after that only got a couple seconds and sometimes a pop out the intake. Normally this is related to timing or a lean condition.

My question is if the cam sensor shaft is 1 or more teeth off can it cause this?

I plan on removing the whole sensor assembly and re-installing this weekend as it does not match the diagrams/photo in the instructions. Instructions show and call out that the "window" should be at the 4 oclock position at TDC, mine is at 5-5:30. Likely one tooth off.

Hopefully some one actually answers this time.
hope this instruction will help you out

Attachments

• Cam tool setting.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 54