Cam Sensor or Cap?

GN138

My car has a misfire. I've narrowed it down to the cam sensor and or cap. If I start the car and then unplug the cam sensor harness it then runs fine.

Was just wondering if I should just get a cap, the whole snsor and where to get them from?

Thanks

RJC Racing has a shim kit for the cam lower section if you have play in it up-down, if cap is not craked or has any rubbing marks i wouldn't replace but if ya feel the need get the casper electronis cap with led light for ease of installation if ya ever take it out.:cool:

Take the cap off, and check that the center screw is tight. Just went thru the same thing; I thought it was the sensor, and it turned out to be the screw had loosened, letting the ring move back and forth.

Tightened it, and it runs great.

I had opened it up and the center screw is TIGHT!

The cap is in great condition but the engine has 130k on it and these are originals. Not sure if they are just wearing out...

cmp snsr

I had opened it up and the center screw is TIGHT!

The cap is in great condition but the engine has 130k on it and these are originals. Not sure if they are just wearing out...
Sounds like a cam sensor issue to me. The only way to know for sure is to check the cmp reference signal with a lab scope. If you want to wait till the July 4th weekend, I'll check for ya while I'm in your neighborhood on vacation ha ha ha!!! By the way, how are things out there? I'd love to move back!!

Something's going down in CO?

I love it here. This winter has sucked but I can't complain!