Cam Sensor Issues

rob350

Hey Everyone,

I had a problem develop last year where I would get a stumble at around 2000 rpms when the car got heat soaked. The car ran great cold or if you were going 55 mph down the road. If I got in stop in go traffic/ slow speeds or let the car sit after running, the car would act up. As soon as I got going down the road, it would clear up. When the car was acting up, anywhere below and above 2000 rpms it ran perfect. After replacing the MAF, it was still doing it.

I pulled the car out of winter storage and the problem was still there (hoping it would go away over winter, haha). After reading on the forums this winter, I unplugged the cam sensor when it was acting up and it instantly went away. It seemed to run better than ever. My question is, do you guys think I just need to replace the cap since it seems to be a heat related, or are my bushings wore out in the thing? I'm guessing if the bushings were bad the miss would be there hot or cold.

Thanks,

Rob

Could be a couple things including whats posted above but doubt the cap itself. Prolly wore out housing. You could try to give the cam sensor a little turn ccw. Could also try a good cp/module from another car. The module could be acting up once heated up.

Pull the cap, clean it up and reassemble. After replacing several parts and sensors this fixed mine and one other I know of. Went from running really crappy to running perfect, like magic.
Won't work for everybody but only takes a few minutes and no money. Just do it!

Hey guys,
just letting you know it was the cam sensor. I replaced just the cap and it cured the problem.