Cam senser ting ting ting sound

mc575

Read that the drive gear for cam senser shaft may need to be shimmed. Anyone know where I can get shim kit?

End play can be shimmed But it's the other "side to side" play that requires most of them to be rebuilt. Not sure who actually sells a "Shim kit" so to speak but as the others mentioned if you send us your old cam sensor that needs shimmed, we will rebuild it completely and send it back to you for $80.00.

Contact us if your interested, we even sell them outright too without a core.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Received new cam sensor today from GNS Performance and it cured my problem, thank you so much , great product, great to deal with, highly recommend GNS Performance!!! A+++

Read that the drive gear for cam senser shaft may need to be shimmed. Anyone know where I can get shim kit?

it's called the local hardware store. Look in the specialty fastener section, for some thin, flat washers..
Or, the local ap store for a shim kit for distributors...

Thank you but there was a 1/2 inch of end play and it needed to be replaced. Don't want to take any chances . Better to be safe than sorry.
Not only did yours have excessive end play your cam sensor shaft had bad "side to side" play and your lower bronze bushing was spinning inside the body, when it came apart the lower bronze bushing literally fell out. when it came time to "Press" the new bushing in it literally fell in without any force so at that point no "shim kit" would have fixed that so we just sent you a whole newly rebuilt cam sensor. We thank you for the kind words and were glad that it took care of your issue...

it's called the local hardware store. Look in the specialty fastener section, for some thin, flat washers..
Or, the local ap store for a shim kit for distributors...
LOL it hasn't been so easy to find the stock cam sensor thickness & o.d washer the factory used. I recently had a company make me a bunch especially for the cam sensors in several thicknesses so I pretty much have my own shim kit so to speak..

I just picked up a shim kit for a SBC worked fine.
Shim at the gear not the ring it can be hard on the cap

Not only did yours have excessive end play your cam sensor shaft had bad "side to side" play and your lower bronze bushing was spinning inside the body, when it came apart the lower bronze bushing literally fell out. when it came time to "Press" the new bushing in it literally fell in without any force so at that point no "shim kit" would have fixed that so we just sent you a whole newly rebuilt cam sensor. We thank you for the kind words and were glad that it took care of your issue...

WOW, thank you again!

Have you checked out more on that Chuck? Not available here in my town based on my zip code. And really, unless I know what the part number is they would ask me make model and year!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Shims are a temporary fix, my cam sensor had under 100k miles and was wiped out. REPLACE OR HAVE IT REBUILT. Spend 80 bucks , it's well worth it for piece of mind. Thank you to Gns Performance , I can not express my gratitude enough.

With the amount of wear you had with less than 100K, you might want to drop the pan and check for debris and/or excessive wear on the bearings.

My cam sensor has almost 300K on it and still going strong.

With the amount of wear you had with less than 100K, you might want to drop the pan and check for debris and/or excessive wear on the bearings.

My cam sensor has almost 300K on it and still going strong.

My engine was rebuilt recently before I purchased car last year. But I will change oil/ filter asap.