Cam question

RTCarlin

Hey everyone. I'm finally getting around to re-re-rebuilding (3rd time) my motor. I've got a question... What are the benefits of going with a roller cam setup rather than hydraulic? Is it really worth the money?

Thanks!

---Ron Jr.

The big question is, how big of a cam are you wanting to go to? Most of the cam specs that everyone here are using are not big enough to require going to a roller. A roller is nice if you don't want to worry about lobes going flat. Also, no worries with the break in procedure.

Just dont' get a budget roller cam.

I have wiped out my motor with COMPCAM flat cam 206/206 upgrade twice ( wish I left it stock ), followed the brake-in procedure , did not matter , maybe I just had BAD LUCK but I would not use anything but ROLLER today , roller motor runs much cooler (oil temp ) and it will last longer not to mention roller cam /roller rockers will make more power , I also found the turbo spool up time with roller !!! big change :eek: !!! at least it was for me going from 206/206 flat to 210/216 roller , could be the cam #'s ,not sure on that :confused: .