CAM POSITIONING SENSOR

QuikRick

I did some major engine mods and now trying to get cam position sensor set. I did the TDC and then 25 degrees ATDC and set the CPS with a Caspers CPS tool. Engine won't start. The one thing I didn't do is make sure that the #1 cylinder was on compression and not exhaust. Can't I now simply rotate the CPS window 180 degrees and then I should be good assuming all else is right? Is this logical or not? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Have you tried moving it a small amount CCW or CW? I did this on my initial startup and she fired up. Later I put it back where I had started and she ran fine.....
If it is 180 out rotating 180 should work, the wires off the cap may interfere with the head or something else?

I've had the car start 180 out, but it ran rough. You can rotate the whole sensor 180, do not turn just the cap, it goes on one way. Rotate the whole sensor.

Have you tried moving it a small amount CCW or CW? I did this on my initial startup and she fired up. Later I put it back where I had started and she ran fine.....
If it is 180 out rotating 180 should work, the wires off the cap may interfere with the head or something else?
If I'm rotating the CPS window 180 degrees shouldn't I pull out the CPS and reinstall it in that new position and the cap would stay in the same position as before or do I want to loosen up the hold down bolt and turn the cap 180?. I know the cap only goes on one way but reinstalling the shaft and window rotated 180 I would put the cap back in the same position as before I turned the shaft. Which way is correct? I'll try Nigel's suggestion first of moving it a small amount CCW and CW to see if that works.