Cam done!

dodge diesel

Went to start the car in storage today and I heard a loud tapping sound. I listen to the motor and notice it was missing, so I thought it was a spark-plug or another module went with no spark. I check everything sparks is ok so I'm thinking its the cam. Started popping earier on another startup 2 month ago. My question is I only had 5000 miles on this motor. Could I buy another tappet cam and install it or do i need to check the engine completely. Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of getting another tappet cam #69-248-4 212/212 @ 50 112 deg LC amybody else running this cam? Will I be able to use all stock stuff with this cam? Liike lifters and rods. Please give me some input on this problem.

I'll say this. I just wiped a flat tappet cam in a freshly built motor and by no means I'am I replacing it with another. Go roller and save yourself the headache. Getting ready to look for a roller cam kit with everything needed. Timing chain, lifters, springs etc....

i'll say this. I just wiped a flat tappet cam in a freshly built motor and by no means i'am i replacing it with another. Go roller and save yourself the headache. Getting ready to look for a roller cam kit with everything needed. Timing chain, lifters, springs etc....

+1 :cool:

You may want to consider pulling the pan and checking the bearings...