cam bearing question

gsbuick65

got this spun cam bearing out of block, doesnt look like it did any damage, weird- can still read clevite sh1361 on back of bearing and the block still looks to have the machined surface. is this possible? did they put the wrong bearing in the wrong hole?

got this spun cam bearing out of block, doesnt look like it did any damage, weird- can still read clevite sh1361 on back of bearing and the block still looks to have the machined surface. is this possible? did they put the wrong bearing in the wrong hole?

Possible.
Verify the hole diameter to allow for the correct bearing crush.

What block?

How long did the eng. run with a spun cam bearing? Why did the bearing spin? Don't believe a wrong size bearing can be put in.

not sure why, been an ongoing problem, had a hard time getting motor to start when I put it in because of a broke wire going to cam sensor. so I tried to crank it many time on fresh bearings:( . started out just loosing pressure when it warmed up, so after awile i pulled the oil pan, no bearing problem in crank. so i keep on running it. so it got worse, then started making a wierd noise-sorta lika knock in middle of motor. so I pulled it out. this time rods and mains gone. when I started pulling cam out #2 bearing cam out with it:eek: . block doesnt look bad, looks like I cam still see the machined surface. and can still read clevite on back of bearing.:confused: but I think ill just go with this 140 block just to be on the safe side. found a new timing cover that'll fit bolt blocks too.