Calling out Bob Stanley!

Gmachine

I wanted to thank you for possibly ruinning the sale of my car based on your advice. I didn't know this great state had over the phone appraisers like yourself to offer concrete pricing on a car you've never seen! And I'm also glad to know that a Precision TA49 and 009's is such a weak combo. I guess my 400hp/500ft-lb dyno pull is just for sissys. This is a STREET car, not a balls to wall drag car w/ full cage. I never advertised it as anything else. Yeah, it has 148k on the motor, but after inspection of the main bearings and and compression test of 160-170 on all cylinders, and darn good oil pressure, I'd say she runs great.

There isn't a person on this board who would have anything shady to say about my car or myself for that matter. You on the other hand I'm not so sure of.

Thanks again,
Ryan

damn boy the only thing wrong with your combo is it couldn't keep up with my mismatched 009, TA61, stock intercooler combo! :biggrin:

The last guy that should be giving any kind of opinion on Buicks is Bob Stanley. Unless of course the question is how to build the crappiest motor possible. :eek: :tongue:

Sully

I don't have his number and frankly I would rather make a public statement to the local buick community about the great contribution he makes!

I would hate for anyone new to these cars to rely on someone with such arrogance and lack of knowledge for advice.

Gmachine said:
Yeah, I guess a 7.50 pass is just slow as hell!
just imagine what it would have run if you turned up the boost. :tongue:

Gmachine said:
I would rather make a public statement to the local Buick community about the great contribution he makes! :rolleyes:

I would hate for anyone new to these cars to rely on someone with such arrogance and lack of knowledge for advice. :eek:
damn again!!!!!! (the freeking big letters are not working! :mad: )

Without being overly ignorant, who exactly is this butt-munch and what makes him qualified to judge what is or isn't a strong setup?????

I don't know who he is. I had a guy that was ready to purchase the car and got this guys number. He asked me what turbo I had and what injectors. He relayed to me that Mr. Stanley was very attoment about the fact that this was a small turbo and small injectors and no matter what shape the car is in or what modifications have been done, it's not worth anything over $9000. No ifs, ands or buts!

This guy was sceduled to pick up the car that day w/ cash. It's great car, and I was upset that someone in our buick community would be so strongly oppinionated. After talking to some friends, I now understand that I should not have been suprised. I just wish my buyer would have been informed of him.

what a tool......good friend of mine ran low 12's with that "weak" combo and 125k+ on the engine.