Calling brian weaver/richard clark>>>

Royal-T-Ltd

.... can someone PLEASE Recreate the A-Pillar pods SO THEY FIT and cover up the actual A piller :rolleyes: just like the factory one.... i just replaced my 2 pod with a 3 pod and i swear the quality from LOTEK has gotten even worse AND MORE LOW TECH:mad::mad::mad:... the material now used is so thin and flimsy. looking at it from the outside, the damn think looks wavy....hell lookn at it from the inside the side looks kinda wavy..... the only savior to make it look halfway decent is i purchased some color matched trim spray from Brian:biggrin:.... [thank you].... otherwise this thing is hideous....

.. i would think that a GOOD repo gauge pod would sell like hotcakes ... hell i'd by two if it would make the process faster..... Plastic / ABS would be cool .... PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT....... hehehe

-aaron

Thats a shame. Lyle got his start doing Turbo Regals and was an active participant in the Buick community at one point.

I dont think lotek has the capabilities to mold the a-pillar so it wraps around like the original.

heat gun, use the factory screws at 2 points like original, Lots of patience and they will look great just did mine 3 hrs but it looks OEM, granted it should be better but its aftermarket parts from a small supplier who does not have the big time capital.

Not towards the OP but more stuff like this would get done but people expect to pay dirt cheap prices for this stuff and it isn't economically feasible for anyone to invest in doing it... Look at the TA header thread...

Not towards the OP but more stuff like this would get done but people expect to pay dirt cheap prices for this stuff and it isn't economically feasible for anyone to invest in doing it... Look at the TA header thread...

i understand totally... how much would a mold cost to make for molded abs or whatever the original was..... ???

you would think if final price was between $75-85ea people would jump on them ----for a QUALITY piece---- hell i might even spend $100 if it fits.... i guess i have to do some research and see........

Mcclien plastics, I called them to talk about it the guy looked at the pics online and is aware of what it is and is to fit. $8,800 for the mold + per part charge of 12.00 and a min order of 1,000 pieces so it would be $20,800 to start. at $75.00 you would have to sell over 275 of them just to be back at zero. the reality of that and the fact you have to buy that many upfront. .... i don't think it will ever happen. I bet if you did a huge group order and spent countless man hours on it you might sell 100.. maybe.

what about the oldsmobile ,monte ss, grand prix,malibu,elcamino and the other g bodies i believe this part would be the same on them all? i have had oldsmobile,montes and regals and they were all the same.

t top cars are diffrent than hartops but you could make them all for hardtops and then just cut off the required piece for the t top cars?

what about the oldsmobile ,monte ss, grand prix,malibu,elcamino and the other g bodies i believe this part would be the same on them all? i have had oldsmobile,montes and regals and they were all the same.

t top cars are diffrent than hartops but you could make them all for hardtops and then just cut off the required piece for the t top cars?

they are the same.... but all that means is the company sells CRAP to all makes & models :mad:

i just compared it to to the older version they sold an its like night and day... the old piece was rigid, the new one is about half the thickness and bows once installed... tried moving it, tried everything...... it SUX

I know someone that might can make a mold by hand if he still has the stuff. He made extended intercooler scoops for us. He sold his GN, but maybe he will still have everything to make the molds and he is meticulous.

I know someone that might can make a mold by hand if he still has the stuff. He made extended intercooler scoops for us. He sold his GN, but maybe he will still have everything to make the molds and he is meticulous.

thanx.... if you could do so it would be much appreciated. you can PM with questions or cost estimates.

aaron

I'd gladly pay $100 to purchase a nice piece to get rid of that piece of crap on my A-Pillar.
Conrad

I must have got lucky mine fit pretty good but the only problem was that one of the screwholes was in the wrong place i took a baby drill bit and drilled the pillar and it worked fine ..I got both of mine from bruce at aggressive in roseville,mi....Dosent autometer have pillar pods for our cars? I saw them in jegs or summit one of them... I think they are molded in grey too who makes those?