Calling all deer hunters

Nice deer, really sucks about your tree stand getting stolen. I've had 3 taken through out the years, man talk about leaving you bitter we you go to get in it & it's gone. I hate a thief!
That's like the 5th one stolen. You know what. They can have them. Karma is going to bend them over. I had to stand there but it was well worth it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are you chaining your stands to a tree and kinda hiding them? I chained mine to a tree a month ago and haven't checked it til today and its still there. My dumb ass cousin left his unchained and he was lucky it didn't get stolen because me , him and another guy all seemed to use the same tree and luckily the other guy didn't steal his $300 new stand that had only been up 3 trees.

I went out for our shotgun season today which opened on Saturday . They changed our laws this year and allow you to use black powder during shotgun. The advantage of a rifled barrel of the black powder over the smooth bore shotgun seems to draw my cousin toward using that gun. Well this weekend was his third fail with a black powder gun. Our first season hunting toghther the caps failed. Season 2 he shot at a 4 point buck and shot between its legs because he has a sliding site on it that moved. This weekend he had a opening in between the trees and seen a buck took a shot and the powder didn't go off. Same day later in the day he reloaded took another shot at diffrent deer in nearly the same spot and same thing failure the gun didn't go off.

The spot where he was is nearly where I got the 1 pictured above. I went back about 11 am today to see if anything would show back up and sure enough at least 2 did but they were about 10 yds on the other side of the posted sign and it was a 70 yd shot and I tried using the grunt tube I got today to try to call them over but they wouldn't come closer but they didn't run away either. After it was pretty clear they were not coming closer I started to misuse the grunt tube making sounds clearly no self respecting deer would ever make to see if they would run and they didn't they just froze or kept eating and they just wandered off. Hopefully tomorrow they will be on the correct side of the posted sign

All 3 of mine that got gone had a chain & lock. Heck one chain and locks, I invest $80 in. Best lock and 7' of chain I could buy at local home improvement.

He said it above...Karma...... I hope they go down in them.

Yeah had chains and cable locks. Kinda hard to have any cover with the leaves on the ground. I'll trade a 40$ treestand for a buck anyday if the week

1456501_216000088582445_1912292494_n.jpg

Well today was second day of NJ buck week aka shotgun week. The last time out I shot a 9 pointer in pictures above. 8 days later I shot this nice 9 pointer. Hunted so hard for years and nothing. Can't believe this has happened and been blessed enough for it up happen
Me and my dad. What it's all about for me. Making memories.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1386740873.646298.jpg

andrew.jpg

My youngest son killed the first one of the season here at our place day after Thanksgiving.
I call him eagle eye cause he never misses his target.. He shoots my .308 and last year he got two within 15 mins of each other.. 125 yd and 212 yd shots

He likes sausage.. ;)

View attachment 208878

My youngest son killed the first one of the season here at our place day after Thanksgiving.
I call him eagle eye cause he never misses his target.. He shoots my .308 and last year he got two within 15 mins of each other.. 125 yd and 212 yd shots

He likes sausage.. ;)

i wished we could use rifles here i would of had a couple more. we have to use shotguns on state land and its hard to get private land around here to get to use a rifle