(cal or other fast guru's) buick fast to v8 swap

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
I have a spare b2b fast unit from a buick and need one for a v8 application is there any problem doing that other than programing it for 8 cylinder ?

does anyone sell a harness for a mpfi v8 to hook to the fast ecm ?

thats in advance for helping me out in my dumbness :D

REDS HOT AIR said:
I have a spare b2b fast unit from a buick and need one for a v8 application is there any problem doing that other than programing it for 8 cylinder ?

does anyone sell a harness for a mpfi v8 to hook to the fast ecm ?

thats in advance for helping me out in my dumbness :D
The older box will need to be sent back to fast to have the ignition strategy changed.It will have to be changed to an IPU igntion,not Dis
Hope this helps

It depends. You could run say, a Unilite distributor and it would not need to be changed to IPU.

And yes you can get universal, standalone harnesses from any dealer.

TurboTR

you can get universal, standalone harnesses from any dealer.

TurboTR

so pm or email me a figure for one or do you need more details ? :cool:

That would have to be changed as it is magnetic pulse (IPU) the mallory unlite is a hall effect like a stock crank sensor,But i never had good luck with Mallory dist on any motor

If you're going to use an HEI distributor, have the box converted to an HEI type ignition. The module in the distributor puts out a 5 volt square wave signal to the FAST box. It'll be a plug and play deal. They work real well. The HEI distributor could be used with an IPU type FAST box but you'll end up ditching the ignition module and having to get a seperate ignition box (MSD, Accel, Crane, etc.)

If you've got a stock harness for the V8 application Mac at FastTrack would probably be able to set you up with an adapter harness.