ca car alky and smog

no.

Just remove the line up to the up-pipe and drain. I left the pump on with the fuel line neatly coiled and hidden. Buy a new up-pipe if you don't own the original.

My guess is you'll need to return some other stuff to stock too.

Water / vapor injection is an item not requiring an ARB Executive Order exemption.

Water / vapor injection is an item not requiring an ARB Executive Order exemption.

Is there something we can argue with them if they decline to test your car?

I once asked the question to a tech when he was smogging my car without it. He said that its not allowed.

I know i can probably try taking it to another one, but just wonder how many different visits it will take before someone does not complain about it.

We're lucky up here. 87 and prior are exempt from an e-test. Can still get tickets for removing emissions equipment like EGR, Cat, etc. but you can just make it look like they're there. :p

They can fail you because they don't like your oil cap. An aftermarket untested fuel injection system is defiantly a stop for them. My buddy had them not smog his gn because the tech didn't like the way it idled, said it sounded like it had an aftermarket cam. Best bet is to return to stock as much as possible and smog it. Hth

I once asked the question to a tech when he was smogging my car without it. He said that its not allowed.

I know i can probably try taking it to another one, but just wonder how many different visits it will take before someone does not complain about it.

They can fail you because they don't like your oil cap. An aftermarket untested fuel injection system is defiantly a stop for them. My buddy had them not smog his gn because the tech didn't like the way it idled, said it sounded like it had an aftermarket cam. Best bet is to return to stock as much as possible and smog it. Hth

Car is pretty much stock except for the newer injectors (32lbs) and alky chip. I've been smogged with the injectors and i do have another chip. Only thing different this time around is the alchy.

But then again, the tech almost didn't want to smog my tta because he said he had never seen that model with a turbo before. Thats when i had it all stock. He went through the book to find it and couldn't. I had to sit down with him and find it.

Tech needs to look in appendix g of smog check manual or go to ARB web site. I'm sure he/she will appreciate you telling em how to do their job, but the tech should know the smog check manual:rolleyes: