C/K performance manual

SS/GN

Just received mine,great book.:)If you don't plan on your own rebuild it is still a wise purchase.:rolleyes:Lots of trouble shooting and schematics:biggrin:

Kevin

is the update out yet? I really like the book also but mine is a few years old and I had heard there might be an updated version.

How does this book compare to a ATSG book? Info layed out similar? More performance oriented? I'm interested in one but its double the price of the atsg.

my tranny guy used it and he very like it
it is a very nice step by step, a lot of trick
and all clearence number you need

you will like it

claude

How does this book compare to a ATSG book? Info layed out similar? More performance oriented? I'm interested in one but its double the price of the atsg.

No comparison to the ATSG book. It is worth the price just to get the tips shown. It is nicely done. The price became a non issue after I received it and thumbed through.

Much more performance orientated and more Buick specific:biggrin:Lots of troubleshooting ideas also:rolleyes:.Worth the price for sure:p

Kevin

Agreed, not even in the same league as the atsg book. I have both. Another great reference piece is the 2004r principles of operation manual if you can find one. It has diagrams of all the circuits and how the clutches and such are applied. Very interesting.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll be ordering one soon. "2004r principles of operation manual" have to look for this one also, sounds interesting.

Eric

How many performance trans builders do you know that are willing to teach all the secrets in one book??

ATSG = Stock rebuild
CK Manual = Performance rebuild, troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.

The investment is priceless for the knowledge you gain. You have to consider this
is yeeeeeears of expertise, troubleshooting, trial and error all at your fingertips for $50 more then a factory
rebuild book.

If the recently deceased "Dr Olds" (Joe Mondello) wrote a book on how to do every upgrade
he knew of to an Oldsmobile motor, it would sell like mad. That's what this is on par with IMO.

Just got mine a few weeks ago and I waited a few months for their updated manual.
Well worth the wait and I've been reading mine at work in my off time nightly.

I have the 200-4R rebuild DVD and it was a great reference to tear a trans down and rebuild it
to stock specs, but this book was necessary to teach me the high performance upgrades with
photo's for reference. DVD = Visual training that helps alot.

I could only hope for something this good with other transmissions in the future for hobbyists.

I hope he does a book for modern transmissions in the future. I'd buy it.

How many performance trans builders do you know that are willing to teach all the secrets in one book??

ATSG = Stock rebuild
CK Manual = Performance rebuild, troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.

The investment is priceless for the knowledge you gain. You have to consider this
is yeeeeeears of expertise, troubleshooting, trial and error all at your fingertips for $50 more then a factory
rebuild book.

If the recently deceased "Dr Olds" (Joe Mondello) wrote a book on how to do every upgrade
he knew of to an Oldsmobile motor, it would sell like mad. That's what this is on par with IMO.

Just got mine a few weeks ago and I waited a few months for their updated manual.
Well worth the wait and I've been reading mine at work in my off time nightly.

I have the 200-4R rebuild DVD and it was a great reference to tear a trans down and rebuild it
to stock specs, but this book was necessary to teach me the high performance upgrades with
photo's for reference. DVD = Visual training that helps alot.

I could only hope for something this good with other transmissions in the future for hobbyists.

I hope he does a book for modern transmissions in the future. I'd buy it.

So the updated one is out?