C-ComWP update

About 4-8 weeks ago someone posted a brief thread to this forum containing a link to a Windows C-COM update. The new version (1.015, if i recall correctly) contained some bug fixes, an updated help system, and the reappearance of the "L key" hot key VE correction shortcut. I don't think it's a free update as it isn't available for download on the F.A.S.T. site, and the thread and link were deleted by the following morning, so again, I don't know what the whole story is. Maybe someone with more info can fill in the rest of the story, or perhaps a call to F.A.S.T. will clear things up?

-Jeff

Jeff,

Not sure about a free download anywhere?

Precision Turbo & Engine does have the latest C-ComWP Ver. 1.02 available on CD Rom only.
The cost is $25.00

The L key has been added as you say, along with other fixes etc.
The Help/Manual section has been greatly improved, and actually has screen shots etc.

Joe
Precision Turbo & Engine
219-996-7832
www.precisionturbo.net

Thanks, Joe. Yes, C-ComWP 1.02 was the version that was posted; I had the wrong version listed in my previous post.

Glad to know this is available in general release; a $25 paid update is perfectly reasonable. (That L key is great for tuning by yourself, keeping in mind the usual caveats about not using it to modify a table while under AE, etc.) It would be nice if FAST put something on their website indicating what the current version of their software is, what the bug fixes were, etc. My day job is with a software company, and this is pretty standard stuff...

-Jeff

Originally posted by mosk
It would be nice if FAST put something on their website indicating what the current version of their software is, what the bug fixes were, etc.
-Jeff

:D
Yeah they had to......

I am having trouble finding this info on their website.... anyone got a link regarding the version 1.02?

Originally posted by WaterPog
I thought they were going to make this a free upgrade for people who had WP allready :-/

It's a $30 upgrade to 1.02. The changes as far as I've been able to gather are

- Windows XP compaibility (or works better now on XP)
- Return of the "L"earn key.
- Some logging improvements (unsure as to what they are).
- General performance improvements

Does anyone have this software and can comment on some of these new changes?

I thought about ordering this, but the changes don't warrant the upgrade atleast for me.

Ron

Originally posted by RonRed89
It's a $30 upgrade to 1.02. The changes as far as I've been able to gather are

- Windows XP compaibility (or works better now on XP)
- Return of the "L"earn key.
- Some logging improvements (unsure as to what they are).
- General performance improvements

Does anyone have this software and can comment on some of these new changes?

I thought about ordering this, but the changes don't warrant the upgrade atleast for me.

Ron,
This was the verbage used in the read me text file of the latest release regarding changes/fixes.

==============================================
R Version 1.02
Build Date 04-19-2004
Release Version

===========================================================
Version 1.015
Build Date 01-13-2004
Released for testing only

* Fixed bug where on some versions of Windows and with
some computers, fast and repetitive key presses could
cause a buffer overflow that may result in data
corruption.

* Fixed a bug where it was possible for a dialog to open
behind the parent window making the program appear
to "lock-up".

* Enabled 'L' key feature where in closed loop, pressing
the 'L' key will cause the edit cursor to move to the
VE table cell with the most influence and automatically
apply the current O2 correction to that cell.

* Updated Help files

==============================================

Hope this helps

Regards,

I believe there may be an improvement in logging with the data logger, also.

Do we have to call a dealer for the upgrade or can we order the upgrade directly from FAST

I don't think it says much about a company that charges for updates when you spend several thousand on there system. I personally have not had good luck with the tech. line.