C-Clip Eliminators

El Corvino

I am going to drop a new Detroit true trac in my 8.5 as well as change the rear drums to discs. C-Clip eliminators are only 100 and change. The vehicle puts down decent power and rides around on radials, but will never see a track. Is there any sense in adding C-Clip eliminators, or is it a waste of money?

Lots of people have problems with leaks. I've had a set of Moser C-clip eliminator axles installed for maybe 10 yrs now and never had a problem so I can't complain, but if I were to do it again I would weld on a set of Ford ends / Ford bearing carriers. You can install any kind of brake setup you want with those.

I want to keep the GN as stock as possible. With the money I put in the damn 8.5, the carrier, big baer disc brake kit, and custom welded on coil over suspension... I feel like an idiot for not just buying a per-fabbed 9" for my el camino. Just didn't know if the C-Clip eliminators for only 100 or so were worth putting on, or a complete waste of money for a street car.

better than stock axles for sure. Just seal them up well and you should be in good shape.

Sell the 8.5 ans buy the 9". You will be ahead and not tear up a quarter panel if the axle let's loose.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk