BYE BYE Metal Vacuum Lines

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Ok we are getting rid of the stock metal vacuum lines. Short peices of rubber line. Leaks. Zip ties. Hoses blowing off. Here's the kit. Also includes Vac Block gasket and flush fit vac block mounting screws.

Attachments

• pushlocks 001.jpg
    pushlocks 001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,222
Here's the new Accufab Fuel Pressure Regulator tapped for a push lock fitting.:biggrin: Kit is sold at Cotton's Performance.

Attachments

• pushlocks 002.jpg
    pushlocks 002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,147
As you can see from the first line being installed this is a clean simple install. The engine bay is really going to be cleaned up. Since this car has a Precision Upper Plenum and Accufab Throttle body the stock metal line will not bolt in the intake and give the proper clearance.

Attachments

• pushlock3 002.jpg
    pushlock3 002.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,144
The pictures are low quality becasue of poor lighting in the garage. Might be why I have to wear glasses! As the install continues I will post better quality pictures. I have one line test fitted and already like where this is going!

Cotton's Performance. I am sold on the clean look and the peice of mind these line aren't coming loose. Ever!

PVC still uses a hose in his kit. Thats going to be a nice set up I need to call him and get some of those conectors for the MAP sensor.

What about EGR delete cars that have A/C, heat, no cruise, maybe a special port to run those lines on the pass side instead of down around the fuel press regulator? That would be killer!

I have this kit so I have 2 questions. 1st pic, where'd you get the rubber ends? That did not come with my kit.
2nd pic, did you drill/tap the regulator? As for my PCV, I may tap into the back of the doghouse for vacumn.
Thanks.

Well progress continues. Now have the vacuum brakes hooked up and the MAP sensor. It woulkd have been nice to have had all push lock fittings on the block but with the PCV Valve and the Vacuum brakes no deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20100917_190217.jpg
    IMG_20100917_190217.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 873
Sorry about the picture quality. Still working in the dark!:biggrin: Now I need assistance. I have 3 ports left on the vacuum block. One is spoken for because of the PCV Valve. I still have vacuum lines that aren't hooked up. I have one line that was run to the charcoal canister. One line that was run to the cruise control, vacuum ball, and a hard line that is running inside the car. This line has check valves. If I delete the charcoal canister I could have a push lock fitting just for the boost gauge. Where can I start cutting down on vacuum lines? I'm studing this problem and not having any ideas. People who don't use the charcoal canister, PCV valve, ect could use this kit to it's full potential.

Charcoal Canister removal would free up a vacuum port on the block. I have read every "charcoal canister removal" thread twice. Well guys? Yes or No? I'm trying to clean things up and get rid of vacuum lines. I'm sure you guys with high horsepower setups(TSM) tossed the canister long ago. Do your cars release gas vapors in the shop?

Larger sizes available for PCV and Vac. Brakes

FYI
There are larger sizes avail. (up to 1/2" tube in plastic fittings. And 3/4" tube in brass) If you decide to use them in all vac. connections. (PCV, Vac. Brakes,etc.) Just in case anyone wanted to know. The plastic would be considerably lighter in weight and are available, capable of vac. and pressure ranges need.