Buying some parts!!!

nwb300

Well, I just got my first GN and haven't had time to get my signature up to date on here yet. In the morning I'm getting the pocket book out and going to make a few purchases and would like your advice. I want to get a fuel pump, hot wire kit, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge, 8.5m plug wires, scanmaster 2.1, and.......a set of injectors. Getting the coil pack tested to make sure its good. With all the vendors out there and the prices seem to be pretty close to each other who would you guys recommend. I would like to order it all from the same vendor if I could. :) Thanks!!!!!

forgot to mention I will get a new chip with the setup. Eric at turbo tweek still the way to go?

Welcome to your new Money Pit!! heheh...First thing to change out is Chip,Exhuast,Air Filter...Second thing's to do all free,1. remove the debris screen from intercooler,2. Loop the throttle body coolent lines 3. not exactly legal but loose the catalitic converter by banging out, or getting test pipe. 4. re-set the T.V. cable for soild transmission shifts, 4 not free but cheap get 160 degree thermostat....Now your ready for fuel pump,with all this done, Even with-out the injectors, if your car has posi unit from factory, you'll run High 12's...!! (use 100 octain fuel an 19lbs boost)

Enjoy!

Ok. I ordered walbro's newest fuel pump with hot wire kit, lucas 42.5 lbs (blue top?) injectors, bullet fuel pressure regulator, scanmaster 2.1, and 10.4mm taylor wires. Hopefully with a good chip i'm hoping to get into the low 13's with this setup. Anybody have a good recomendation for tires? I just got the car and it has the stock 215's!!! LOL

Thanks for the help. I'm ordering the parts as we speak!!!!!

Your already packed up & will be there second day like requested. Thanks for the order.

Drag radials are nice tire choice, I prefer M/T. Size it for the rim you are using.

How is the car running now, before any changes? It should be running great before you change out a lot of parts, otherwise you may find yourself backtracking to figure out what part started causing a problem. Step 1. Get her running great. Step 2. Start changing 1 or 2 parts at a time --Starting with the scanmaster!

Thanks Bweavy!!!! The car is running good now. Had a problem with vacuum lines coming off and running lean at boost. But for the most part the car runs good. I'm going to get the scanmaster installed first and see what numbers come up then go from there. Prolly the fuel pump and regulator, then fuel injectors.

Bweavy, I got your messge but I ordered a regulator from another site because I couldn't find it on yours. Maybe I was just in a hurry. lol I got the billet regulator. Do I need a gauge to see the proper adjustment or is it just adjustible by turning a screw or something like that?

You need a gauge to set the static pressure. Do yourself a favor and get one on a hose long enough so that you can tape it to the windshield for later use. When under boost fuel pressure is supposed to rise pound for pound with boost. A gauge on the fuel rail is ok for setting initial (or static) pressure, but of course it can't be read while under boost. Some aftermarket gauges are available to read fuel pressure inside the cabin if you have the coin. Either way, it's wise to verify fuel pressure rises with boost and a gauge of some kind is necessary.

Ok. What is a good website to get the gauge at? I'll get it ordered tomorrow. From what I have read the 009's are pretty good injectors. I know there are better ones out there and with a regulator you can run bigger injectors for the future, but i'm not looking to build a drag car. If I can get it into the mid 12's ill be happy :)

All the major gauge gauge manufacturer's make them, some prefer one brand to another. They have a transducer that attaches the fuel rail. I personally like the Speedhut line.