Buying a 1986 Buick grand national for 5500 cash is it a good price?? N

Sounds like a fixer upper. These usually end up costing more than if you'd waited & bought a cleaner example.

Your question does not include enough information to answer correctly.

~JM~

Buy it, sounds like a hell uv a deal to me. Oh yeah, be sure and turn up the boost and run 85 Octane.

hey for $5500 even if ya had to paint it ($500/750), tune it up.. plugs and wires ($45) and then ya have a 11 sec car if it has mods !! o_O

Patiently waiting for more information :p After the info hits I can see a question "How fast will this go"

Fordjosef... welcome aboard !!! :cool:

this are they only pics i have right now the car has a kenne bell upper plenum and a 70 mm throttle body 60 lbs injectors and a turbonetics turbo with the blow off valve has air bags in the rear and a chip for what the owner know its been sittimg for six years let me know what yous think?? and thanks for all the info!!!

Attachments

• gran.JPG
    gran.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 79
  • grand.JPG
    grand.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 73
  • grand 1.JPG
    grand 1.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 79
  • grand na.JPG
    grand na.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 75
Can you or someone close to you paint?

New paint on a car is expensive. Any signs of rust? Looks like a good project.

~JM~

Got a friend in the painting business said he would charge me 600 plus materials. Leaves like a mirror!!!

Sounds like a fixer upper. These usually end up costing more than if you'd waited & bought a cleaner example.

Your question does not include enough information to answer correctly.

~JM~
Gotta go with JM on this, the way economy is, if you can save a few more $$ you can find a better deal. Look in the forsale forum here and see what's out there... some sweet deals if you keep at it.

How much rust? Are the floors clean? Quarters clean? How are the doors? Look at tag in trunk and post pic of it leave out the vin number you dont want anyone jumping on this. If there is no rust anywhere and you have a painter jump all over it .5500 is a good price if body is good

NO. Its a buyers market. If you have $5500 cash you should be making offers on clean $8-9000 cars trying to cut a deal with a seller that's fed up. In the meantime save your money for a nicer car that doesn't need paint, or have god knows whatever other issues. Next thing you know you find rust all over the place, and then you're kicking yourself in the ass...

BTW how many miles?

Going from the pics and small details I'd say it was beat on and not cared for to the point that even a little detailing would go a long way but the seller couldn't be bothered to spruce up the six yrs of sitting and lord knows what else to squeeze a few extra selling bucks outta it. There may be some plus's to the car but...missing radio,bent shifter,fillers gone,who knows what electrical problems-and these cars start twitching if you fart in their general direction. As usual I could be wrong though.

There may be some plus's to the car but...missing radio,bent shifter,fillers gone,who knows what electrical problems-and these cars start twitching if you fart in their general direction.

So that is what i have been doing wrong. No more tacos before a grand national ride!

this are they only pics i have right now the car has a kenne bell upper plenum and a 70 mm throttle body 60 lbs injectors and a turbonetics turbo with the blow off valve has air bags in the rear and a chip for what the owner know its been sittimg for six years let me know what yous think?? and thanks for all the info!!!

No blow off valve in the pictures, but does have a turbonetics external wastegate.

That car could turn into a costly project, expecially for a newb.