Buyer Beware of Mike Savino of POWER BASTARDS

ikle

In this post you will learn the truth about Mike Savino and his company POWER BASTARDS.You will learn that he not only falsely advertises his products but is a very misleading liar and doesn't follow his own policies.So I hope this information I am about to tell open's the eye's of all Buick member's, not only on this site, but also the other T-Buick site so they don't have to go through what I am going through.

To make a long story as short as possible I spoke to Mike Savino of POWER BASTARDS about replacing my alternator on my stock 87 GN, he suggested I go with his 240 amp alternator which he said and I quote"is the perfect match for my stock 87 GN" he also told me that the reason for many of our cars that run like crap is do to not having the right alternator.I then asked him if this alternator will work with my stock electrical system he said "YES" then I asked him if I have to modify anything to make it work to it's full potential and he said "NO"So I trusted him and ordered the alternator he suggested.Upon the arrival of the alternator,to my surprise,was instructions that suggested I upgrade the charging wire to at least a 4 gauge wire.So I called up Mike and expressed my concern and he told me to buy a charging wire kit,at this point I didn't want the alternator, he initially lie to me to sell his product.He then gave me the run around and told me to ask other vendors about this alternator,so I did and all of them said to go with a 120-140 amp alternator that 240 was way to much for a "stock"GN.So I e-mailed him and told him I wanted to return his product and by his own policy needed to get a "Return Authorization Number."He then e-mailed me and told me to sell it on one of the Buick site's and again refused to give me the "Return Authorization Number" and I also realized the address where the alternator came from was different from the POWER BASTARDS address so I have no idea where to ship it to.So again I e-mailed him to rectify the problem and got no reply.I then contacted my credit card company about this situation and they told me they would investigate my problem with the POWER BASTARDS company.After I faxed over all the e-mails that transpired between me and Mike my credit card company told me that I did all that I could do to return the product and that they would take care of the problem.Now this got Mike upset and he posted on the other T-Buick site that I was a liar and a thief,he also gave out personal information about me.I tried to log on to the other T-Buick site, to explain what really happened, but was denied access.I don't want his alternator,I only want to return it but my credit card company advised me to hold on to his product until this issue is fully resolved and then I would promptly return it. I will be also trying to post all the e-mails that took place between me and Mike so you can be the judge.Mike only cares about him self,he doesn't have our best interest in mind..For now on I will only be dealing with the honest vendors on this site.Thanks,ikle.

This is the first e-mail I sent Mike Savino

I need to return the alternator I purchased from you.It was never installed,I ordered it on Wednesday,May 05,2010 the order #2181
Name:Kyle Vanek
Address:10 Candlewood Vista
New Milford,Connecticut
Product ID Product Name

7864-5-240 240 Amp High Output Alternator w/OEM Finish

So according to your policy I need a Return Authorization Number
Thanks.Kyle.

This is the e-mail from Mike Savino of POWER BASTARDS

Hi Kyle, I remember talking to you on the phone and can’t figure for the life of me why you would decide to return your alternator. I would suggest selling it on one of the Buick board for a quick sale, otherwise the return through us will only be $231.20 after the restocking fee and minus the shipping.

Thanks,

Mike Savino

High Output Alternators and Accessories | PowerBastards.com

High Amp Alternators Made in the USA !

Toll Free: (877) 261-2472

mike@PowerBastards.com

I am going to post the e-mails this time with the dates.sorry not pc friendly

First e-mail

Tue, May 18, 2010 5:51:43 PM
alternator return
kyle vanek <vanky935@sbcglobal.net> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
To: mike@powerbastards.com
I need to return the alternator I purchased from you.It was never installed,I ordered it on Wednesday,May 05,2010 the order #2181
Name:Kyle Vanek
Address:10 Candlewood Vista
New Milford,Connecticut
Product ID Product Name

7864-5-240 240 Amp High Output Alternator w/OEM Finish

So according to your policy I need a Return Authorization Number
Thanks.Kyle.

2nd one from Mike Savino of POWER BASTARDS
Awesome Return Policy

Tue, May 18, 2010 7:04:56 PM
RE: alternator return
Mike Savino <mike@powerbastards.com>
View Contact
To: kyle vanek <vanky935@sbcglobal.net>

Hi Kyle, I remember talking to you on the phone and can’t figure for the life of me why you would decide to return your alternator. I would suggest selling it on one of the Buick board for a quick sale, otherwise the return through us will only be $231.20 after the restocking fee and minus the shipping.

Thanks,

Mike Savino

mike@PowerBastards.com

Kyle, when i read what Mike posted on the other board i laughed out loud, literally. Its karma for him. I have know him since before his business and he still screwed me on a 200 amp earlier model. It caused me nothing but problems and he would do nothing. After all my complaining he finally gave me another to try and it did fix the problem. When my GN got totalled he asked for me to give it back since "i didnt need it anymore". I was floored since i paid for an alternator, i didnt lease it. I will never do business with him again, and i have never mentioned this to anyone in our club or on any board but i feel its relevant to your situation. As for not letting you on his board, thats funny since he claims no censorship. Dont feel bad, you did what you could. He is a bad business man. I will leave it at that.

Thanks IrvJr I tried to be nice but it got me know where.I just don't like being portrade as some scum bag as Mike is doing .I am a big believer in Karma and I just don't mess with her because she can be quite nasty if you do.Thanks again,ikle.

I have sparse interaction with him, but his parents are wonderful. I just picked up fiberglass bumper fillers from Bill. Nice pieces.

Idle output is now 120AMPS
Full output at 1200RPM!

This is a direct bolt on alternator that will require no changes to the vehicle!

Designed to meet the increasing demands of the Buick Grand National's stock electrical system WITH added capacity to handle addition accessories like:

• High volume fuel pumps
• Aftermarket ignition components
• Scan tools
• Laptops and power inverters
• Upgraded engine cooling fans
• Aftermarket stereo systems
• Alcohol Injection Systems

This alternator is perfect for anyone needing to beef up their current electrical system. The stock alternator was rated at 120AMP maximum output. This may have been sufficient 20 years ago but with today's added accessories and performance goals in mind, it's easy to find yourself needing a jump start when you least expect it. The TurboBuicks.com 240amp alternator has proven to be a very reliable and stable high amp alternator. As of January 2005 the TurboBuicks.com 240amp Alternator will come with a 1 Year warranty! These alternators are custom built for our web site on a per order basis. This means no returns. If the alternator is deemed defective or was damaged in shipping we will exchange or repair it. We have had a zero failure rate with the TurboBuicks.com 240AMP alternator and would gladly fix any problem you may encounter in the first year. Each unit is dyno tested before shipment to ensure you receive a working unit the first time. It is also important to note the components used in our high amp alternators are superior to what you might find inside an alternator from the autoparts store. From press-fit diodes to much higher quality bearings you'll not only get an alternator offering higher output but one that will last longer and run quiet. Also already included in the TurboBuicks.com 240AMP alternator is a slightly smaller pulley and a more effective cooling fan for the front. If your current serpentine belt is stretched or your belt tensioner doesn't prodive enough adjustment; a smaller serpentine belt may need to be used with this alternator. The 630K6 belt is the next size smaller compared to a stock length belt and is found for around $12 at any parts store.

Please keep in mind that attempting to charge a dead battery with any alternator will most likely cause damage to the unit. Please ensure your alternator wire that runs to the battery (below the motor) is in good condition and is not frayed or corroded. Upgrading this wire with 4 gauge or larger is highly recommended.

This is quoted from his web site. I see it says no returns and it is pretty specific about the application for this alternator is for a car with additional power needs. I personally think you bear some of the responsibility for not reading and educating yourself before your purchase.

I do not see anywhere that he says a upgraded charge wire is needed, but to be honest with you it wouldn't hurt would it??

Exactly,Racer but when I recieved the alt. they recomend you upgrade to a 4 gauge charging wire,which is what I didn't want,False advertizing,thats when the problem started.

Then after he got upset because my credit card company helped me out,he sent me this e-mail:

You can chargeback our transaction, keep our alternator but 15,500 Buick Grand National members will know you are a thief. Have a read and enjoy that free merchandise. You’ve screwed over the wrong person this time. Have a great holiday weekend!

Kyle Vanek of New Milford CT is a theif and a liar, do not deal with him - TurboBuicks.com

Mike Savino

mike@PowerBastards.com

Go to the link and see how he treats his customers,I couldn't even imagen if I used his alt. and had a problem with it what B S he would give me.

Thanks for the heads up Ikle,
I read his crap on the other site and I KNEW there was more to the story.Maybe now he will send you a call tag to get that thing out of your hair. Sorry you had to go through this.
Very good input IrvJr!!

His add say"This is a direct bolt on alternator that will require no changes to the vehicle!"
This is called misrepresentation. His add later says "This means no returns" This means nothing when it is Unrendered Services as it is in this case and Im sure that this is one the things the credit card company took into consideration. Good post Ikle!

Custom built for each vehicle?! How does one 240 amp alt differ from another 240 amp alt built by the same place?

You could have easily asked here how much alternator you need. Since you didn't educate yourself and have buyers remorse (what's the big deal with beefing up a wire, especially when you know you bought a beefed up alternator?) I think it's your tough sheet. I don't know that vender, never bought a thing from him and he could be an ass but I know I don't need an alternator that big. When mine died I got a stock replacement and it's functioned fine. He's right, by the time you pay a restocking fee (many places have that for non-defective returns) and shipping you could have just sold it and got most of your money back. You're not going to get the shipping back anyway.

I said before and I'll say it again, Mike is an ------- and a weasel. He has no spine and will shake your hand and when you turn your back, he'll back stab you in the back.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Take the company/person you ordered the alternator out of the equation here for discussion's sake. You paid for an item and received it. Decided that you didn't want it and did a chargeback on it which gives you back your money. So now you have your money AND the item you purchased with nothing out of your wallet. Doesn't exactly sound fair to me.

Do the right thing and just ship it back to the company and call it a day. At this point I wouldn't worry about getting a Return Authorization #, just send it back with a signature required so you know it was received. Think that would be the correct resolution to the whole scenario. Just isn't right to keep something you didn't pay for.

Being a vendor myself, I would be upset too if someone kept something and I got stiffed on payment.

Take the company/person you ordered the alternator out of the equation here for discussion's sake. You paid for an item and received it. Decided that you didn't want it and did a chargeback on it which gives you back your money. So now you have your money AND the item you purchased with nothing out of your wallet. Doesn't exactly sound fair to me.

Do the right thing and just ship it back to the company and call it a day. At this point I wouldn't worry about getting a Return Authorization #, just send it back with a signature required so you know it was received. Think that would be the correct resolution to the whole scenario. Just isn't right to keep something you didn't pay for.

Being a vendor myself, I would be upset too if someone kept something and I got stiffed on payment.

From what i read all he wants to do is send it back. Plus with the misrepresentation i believe he shouldnt have to pay the restocking fee.

Wow.. never gonna buy an alternator from that clown.

Do what your credit card company suggests. Return it when they say it's OK to do so.