Burnt belt smell

t3intercooled

Hey guys so I had a belt burnt and melt and the TERRIBLE burnt belt smell is in the vents. Any ways remove this smell it is VERY overpowering. Thanks in advance for anyones help!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Fabreeze or Lysol the hell out of the cowl vent, perhaps.

I do the Lysol thing on mine every few years to kill off any spores or science experiments that might be growing in the vents.

Fabreeze or Lysol the hell out of the cowl vent, perhaps.

I do the Lysol thing on mine every few years to kill off any spores or science experiments that might be growing in the vents.

U sure there's not some left over "pharmaceuticals" in the vents??:D:p

You gotta run the hell out of COLD AIR for a while. I agree with earl. When you are done passing air through it for several drive cycles then fabreeze, Lysol, summers eve the cowl. Hot air will "stain" the plastic and it will never go away completely.

I had a buddy of mine spray it out the passenger window with a full car and moving. Came right back in.....choked us all.

Thanks for everyones respones. I was browsing at walmart and found a Meguiers ptoduct where you close the doors and windows turn the fan on cold and on high, turn on the air recycler and pushing the sprayer nozzle down to the lock position and put it in the midle of the car and let it sit 15 min. Worked PHENOMINAL!! Not a single bit of burnt belt smell. With the fan on high and the air recycler on it goes through all the vents, ducts, everything! I highly recommend it!!