Burgermaster Saturday June 12th

Me too! Except, Ive been driving my GN to work the last few days because my brother needed my truck. It looks like it should be good for Sat.

It sucks! Just got back from Burgermaster with the family and it's wet roads and drizzle. No playing around tonight.

Hopefully next Saturday after the Puyallup Buick show.

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
It sucks! Just got back from Burgermaster with the family and it's wet roads and drizzle. No playing around tonight.

Hopefully next Saturday after the Puyallup Buick show.
Yes, Next weekend it should be high 70's.:D

Originally posted by inzanesrt4
Frank, you like the xylene better then tolulene(sp)?

or just more available?

Less corrosive. Xylene is the main contents of any octane booster. I believe the motor octane rating is 116 and the research octane is 118. I typically mix 1 gallon of Xylene to 3 gallons of 92 octane.

Hope this helps.

Frank,

You going to Puyallup on Saturday?

Should I bring some extra Alky I have laying around?

Should be sold today, the guy (Sam) got his financing all set up yesterday and he should be signing and picking up today. Good guy, just graduated from UW and will be working at Boeing in Everett.

I have told him he needs to join the board and meet you guys.

He said me might take the GN to Bremerton on Saturday to race it. He has a small block eighties cutlass now, so he is excited about the upgrade.

I'll take the Alky and any GN parts that you may still have laying around.:D

Congrats on the sell, hope we still see you in the community from time to time. :)

YOU HAVE A PM

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
Chris,
Congrats on the sale.
Please tell Sam to get in touch with me. I also work at Boeing in Everett.

Thanks Dan,

I have told him he definitely needs to hook up with you and the gang and I will be getting him contact info soon!

Chris

Thanks for the info Frank. I use tolulene just because thats what I remeber them using when I was younger. I use 1 gallon to every 4 gallons. I know xylene has higher octane rating but I thought that would make it more corosive. If you say other wise I'll try it out. Everyone says I'm crazy especially with new car 'till they feel the diference and can squeeze a little more boost safely.

Originally posted by inzanesrt4
Thanks for the info Frank. I use tolulene just because thats what I remeber them using when I was younger. I use 1 gallon to every 4 gallons. I know xylene has higher octane rating but I thought that would make it more corosive. If you say other wise I'll try it out. Everyone says I'm crazy especially with new car 'till they feel the diference and can squeeze a little more boost safely.

I have a magazine article from Hot Rod 1986 issue that has the breakdown of all of these different solvents with the pros and cons of each.

Last year at the "Good Guys" show I spoke with a 76 racing gas rep. and we talked about Xylene in depth. He offered some great insights on how to mix and what's too much but, the just of the conversation was how safe it was to use.

FS