bumper/front body alignment

Momar

Well, my problem is that the bumper sits low enough that it touches the filler panels, at the corners and has rubbed paint off. It creates a gap in my air dams where it goes from the bumper to the fenders. I have the bumper pushed up(I think as far as it will go in the slots). The car has been wrecked at some point in its life. It has a regal header panel that has the hood ornament spots filled. It is cracked and I plan on replacing it soon. When I got the car, it appeared that it had just been slapped together when it was repaired. I have gotten the hood gap pretty good, and replaced a decent amount of missing bolts. I just noticed recently, that it is missing bolts(wrather large ones) in the area near the door hinges that u can see if u open the doors. They are loose on one side, and missing on the other. I dont know how those effect things, but thought I would mention it(I do plan to replace the missing ones and get everything tightened up.

Are there any other adjustments that could have an effect on the allignment of the height of the bumper compared to the fenders?

Thanks

Ben

i would go to a body shop and have the frame looked at and straightened.

mybuick said:
i would go to a body shop and have the frame looked at and straightened.

Well, supposedly the guy I bought it from told me that the frame had been straigtened. How much do u think it would cost for me to have it checked out to see if it was true or not? I do have a limited budget for the time being.

Ben

I am a tech at a chevy dealership, and we have a body shop down the road. I might see if I can get one of the guys to check it out on the side for me.

Ben

TURBOV6 said:
Did you check the body mounts?

I plan on putting new body mounts on. I know that some of them are pretty bad, but the ones right up in the front appear to be there and in tact. What I worry about is that it might be worse w/ new body mounts. Wouldnt that raise the body compared to the bumper?

Ben

Momar said:
I plan on putting new body mounts on. I know that some of them are pretty bad, but the ones right up in the front appear to be there and in tact. What I worry about is that it might be worse w/ new body mounts. Wouldnt that raise the body compared to the bumper? Ben
----------------------------------------------
Probably, but not guaranteed. I think that you really need to get the framed checked out/straightened before you make plans to do anything and go from there. I think a lot depends on whose body cushions you use. Factory body cushions/bushings will probably raise the body the least. I would do a search on here and the other boards before making a choice, as I think that the results may vary somewhat. I would recommend factory rather than poly.
It sounds like your frame is still bent and that is causing you some grief to begin with.