bumper fillers

JC Turbo

Who makes the best replacements and what material is the best to use? I've seen fiberglass, abs and some NOS ones.

I'd like to keep the car mostly original but I worry with NOS fillers that I will be back to where I am now in a few years. So what is everyone else doing?

Thanks

My buddy got the ones from GBODYPARTS and they were really nice. I need to order some from him one of these days.

NOS if of course the best choice, they'll last 8-12 years if your car sits out, and close to 20+ if it's garaged. But they're rare and expensive!!! I have heard and seen fitment issues with the ABS units. I ordered fiberglass units from Gbodyparts, and my body man has just informed me that they fit GREAT! Haven't seen them yet though, my car is over 5 hours away getting a complete face lift.

JC,
I think I told you I was going the glass route from Danko. For how much I drive the GN, these should hold up for the life of the car. I just need to find someone local to paint them without getting raped. Of course It doesn't help she been sitting in the garage all this time collecting dust. Have to get her out of the garage before Ron come over and tries to buy her back. LOL.

Get the fiberglass ones fron Gbody and have your body guy make them 1 piece. That's what I did. Looks awesome!

I had to replace the one on my driver side front about a year ago and it is holding up well. Got it from Gbody. I believe it is fiberglass.

It will not be long. They put a Pop rivit in these just to show how the first pieces looked. The chemical make up is 100% match to original Gm. Even the mild steel is correct. They will be stapling just like GM. This was more of a tease to me . I will have these in Burlington along with the person responsible for spending the last 22 hours straight to make this picture available for us.

Attachments

• IMAG0784.jpg
    IMAG0784.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0785.jpg
    IMAG0785.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
  • IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
I just got a full front and rear set from Gbody and they look and fit great. Fiberglass, somewhere around $250 shipped for the set of 4. I'd go this route again anytime, they do need paint though, but even a quick rattle can job (what I did) works fine if you have 'ok' paint like me. I'll have them professionally painted when I have the dough to do the entire car one of these days.

It will not be long. They put a Pop rivit in these just to show how the first pieces looked. The chemical make up is 100% match to original Gm. Even the mild steel is correct.

How about matching the chemical make up of the fillers used on Olds Cutlasses? In my experience, they resist deterioration much better than the Buick fillers. Must be made from compressed Twinkies or something.

How about matching the chemical make up of the fillers used on Olds Cutlasses? In my experience, they resist deterioration much better than the Buick fillers. Must be made from compressed Twinkies or something.
Greg Richard Clark & I had this discussion. He wanted me to make them better then the factory did. My reply was there will be that 1 person that would say these are not like GM units you can feel the difference. I was not going thru all that. I just had them built to GM Specs so they would be correct as factory.

Any timeframe as to when they will be available?
I will have an answer once i get them in my hand & approve them. It doesn't take long once the molds are built & we place the orders. 45 -60 days max? It depends what they are doing & what is on schedule.
I'm pretty sure I should have the new units tomorrow.
Same thing even with the astro roof seals. I spent a good bit of time on it before we said build it.

Any ballpark idea on what the price will be on these? I need a new front filler and I was looking at your fiberglass ones. The fiberglass ones I could finish myself. Your new ones I would need done at a bodyshop since I don't know where I could get spray paint with the flex agent in it.

David
87GN

Brian, just to clarify - you are having factory reproductions made same as the original bumper fillers (front and rear)? I've been stringing my originals along for several years. I have been waiting to buy factory reproductions (rear fillers).

Thanks, Craig