bumper fillers?

newtownhood

Car Audio and Electronics guy.
This may be a sticky somewhere but I couldn't find one. Has anybody used the ebay fiberglass or "fiberflex" replacement fillers? They're like $250 for the set f&R. Or are the ABS ones better? My dad recently backed into my car that had the original fillers that were actually mint, but I guess the car got sandwiched between his truck and the building and well....now I need front and rear fillers. He denies it and says they fell apart from age. And then said he should charge me 10 years storage if I'm going to complain he messed up my car. Thanx dad!

Hello,
G-body parts is doing a mold of the fillers. I believe these will be fiberglass.
The big rumor is Richard Clark is also doing the fillers. These are (don't Quote Me on this;)) supposed to be made out of a flexible Urethane type material that won't break down over time like the stockers.
So far these are the two best options WHEN and IF they become available.
From reading others experiance with the ebay fillers, they can be made to work and look good, but they are by no means a straight bolt on job.
I am hoping for the Ricard Clark ones if he does them because of the urethane, if he hasn't done them when I am ready to repaint, I want the GBody parts ones, Because I know they will be high quality.
Do a search for bumper fillers, there are quite a few who have posted pics and the issues they ran into. This site is great that way:.biggrin:
HTH
Lorenzo