Bumper Fillers

Sarah99gxe

Finally got my Turbo
Are these my bumper fillers? If not, what are they? They just kinda flop around behind my bumper. My front driver one is cracked also.

Thanks,
Sarah

Attachments

• bumper fillers.JPG
    bumper fillers.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 165
that would be what they are called, you can get replacements from sources like gbodypart.com, postons and others.
hope that helps

buickbert

Thanks. That does help. Are these easy to replace? A few bolts or alot more to it? Haven't really looked at how they are held on.

Thanks,
Sarah

i havent had to even check mine, when i got my car it had new ones on it. it shouldnt take that much to change them, not like taking off the bumper or anything, but alas ive been wrong before.

buickbert

I just replaced mine last week. I got them from southeast turbo. (fiberglass)
Had them painted for 60 bucks. I then drilled the holes that are marked, and installed them. Very easy!! Also the fit was very good. Putting the bumpers back on by myself was a little chalenging, but I used shop rags over the fillers to keep them from getting scratched while installing the bumpers.

Thanks, Todd.

If I remember correctly I had to remove my bumper and taillights. Very simple. The bumper is held on at the mounts by (4) 13mm nuts. Then the taillights are held on by the thumbscrews inside the trunk.

You can do the front ones without removing the bumpers, but not the rear. Mine look much worse than yours. Not only are they cracked, but they have mildew on them. It could be cleaned off, but they would still be cracked! I have replacements in the box, will put them on someday soon. Then, another "someday soon", I'll get the whole car repainted. It is starting to have a kind of ghetto look to it, since the fillers at both ends are in need of paint..

Ormand said:
You can do the front ones without removing the bumpers, but not the rear. Mine look much worse than yours. Not only are they cracked, but they have mildew on them. It could be cleaned off, but they would still be cracked! I have replacements in the box, will put them on someday soon. Then, another "someday soon", I'll get the whole car repainted. It is starting to have a kind of ghetto look to it, since the fillers at both ends are in need of paint..

Tell them it is your cold air intake vents for the intake, or cold air vents for your brakes or something. ;) :biggrin:

Check the write up that I did. Go to the webpage in my signature and you will see some pics and where I got them.

Ormand said:
Mine look much worse than yours. Not only are they cracked, but they have mildew on them. It could be cleaned off, but they would still be cracked!

Well that picture was of the car right after we got it....it's since been sitting outside for a year & 1/2. I've got a ton of mildew on my front & rear now...not to pretty on a white car :( .

If you loosen the bumper remove the tail light, you can drop one side of the bumper at a time, Then you can replace the filler, reattach the bumper on that side loosely, replace the tail light and move to the other side. The rears have 5 or 6 bolts holding them on. Also if using the fiberglass fillers drill a small hole in the corner of the license plate well so water will drain and not puddle up .....Just make sure you support the bumper with something like a box or you may crack the filler you just replaced....