Bumper Filler Repaint?

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
My street car has 18k original miles, has never seen rain, stored indoors in a climate controlled shop, yada, yada. Fillers are hazed over like all the others out there and I'm tired of having to polish the crap off every time I want to take the car out. I have 3 TRs and they all started this crap a couple of years back all within a few months of each other - almost like clockwork.

Question is this - is it worth my time to just repaint the ones I have or will the haze just come back through? I understand it's a releaser agent from the mold process coming to the surface but the fillers themselves are still very pliable with no cracks or other imperfections. If it's a waste of time to repaint, what's the consensus on the best replacement fillers?

I would repaint what you have. There maybe some sealer agent/primer that can be applied before actual paint. Visit a few body shops that work on classics and explain what you need.

I had bought a nice used one that was faded and my buddy painted for me.
If anything you should get another 15 + years from them. Unless they crack on you which that is a possiblity. THen maybe order a set of the fiberglass repops

If they are originals don't repaint them....they will fall apart soon.

My dad has a 9K mile car. Fillers started hazing...got progressively worse over the past couple years. I tried to clean it but they just crumbled. When they start hazing it means they are on their way out...

If they are originals don't repaint them....they will fall apart soon.

My dad has a 9K mile car. Fillers started hazing...got progressively worse over the past couple years. I tried to clean it but they just crumbled. When they start hazing it means they are on their way out...

X2, they will eventually start to crack after awhile, it's just a matter of time, I went with the fiberglass replacements, pretty easy to install and the fit was pretty good after a little tweaking of obloning the holes for fitament.

;)i also had the same "haze" problem and wouldnt take the car out at times because i didnt feel like polishing them. took them off this last winter with intentions of having them repainted and they fell apart in my hands.
i bought a set of abs plastic fillers that were junk so i purchased the fiberglass which took a little more fitment and prep than i anticipated but now that they are done look good. not perfect but as good as any other nice buick. steve:rolleyes:

mine also haze over. it is a pita but it only takes a minute with something like maguires quick detailer and they look great again. from what you are all saying i guess mine will be soon turning to crumbles. when that happens i will probably get fiberglass replacements.