built short block questions?

Im looking to buy someones built short block. From what i've been told it has an eagle crank forged pistons and girdle, internal ballance. New to this so i need some help here what else should i be asking about this build.

Im looking to buy someones built short block. From what i've been told it has an eagle crank forged pistons and girdle, internal ballance. New to this so i need some help here what else should i be asking about this build.

I'd ask who built it. What rods? Sounds like good stuff but only as good as the machine work and final assembly.

I'd ask who built it. What rods? Sounds like good stuff but only as good as the machine work and final assembly.

x's 2 good parts only mean more loss when bad machine work or building technique

He did say he bought this block, ran it only to find a knock. Apparently the girdle and machine work was not done right. He sent it off to a reputable shop and had it reworked. Should i be concerned?

He did say he bought this block, ran it only to find a knock. Apparently the girdle and machine work was not done right. He sent it off to a reputable shop and had it reworked. Should i be concerned?

what shop? Crank is probably at least .010" now but I wouldn't be concerned. I've been running a .020 eagle crank well into the 9's for awhile now.

the shop that did the work was in Gurnee IL. T&T racing engines.

Block has .020 over wiseco pistons K1 rods

Be better for you to have your own built with a Virgin block,a stroker kits $2000,(crank,rods,pistons) an all your machine work including the steel mains is roughly $4000,put some big valve heads on it for another $1600 your car will Fly!!......Sounds like that block as had it's rounds. I wouldn't touch it Unless that place you listed will "garuntee/warrenty" it for 30 days or 2000miles!!!

Enjoy!

I was thinking along the same lines, just have something built. But i know exactly whats gonna happen, it's gonna go from a built short block to a full out long block:rolleyes:

I don't deal with Joe blow I guess that's why the Buick isn't running. It cost to be the boss... I'd rather take my block to Dan an let him do his thing. Jmo

Well, i made up my mind!:D. called today for a quote on a stroked long block build.
new 109 block
stroker
cnc ported irons
218/212 roler cam
roller rockers

should be a sweet motor,just need to be patient now i guess build might take a while.