Built 200R4 from 87 442, worth swapping into my 87 T??

nighthawk355x

Disciple of speed
I've searched and seen mixed reviews. Didn't know there was a difference to begin with but a friend of mine said the T trans is a better unit than the ones in 442s. Is this the case?

The trans in my 87 Turbo T is supposedly "built", but I have no proof. It shifts OK but not like it has a shift kit or anything. I'd call it average.

On the other hand, I have an 87 442 with 200R4, fairly built WITH receipts to proove it, shifts firm w/the shift kit, has a documented 5k miles.

My question is, should I even bother swapping the 442 trans into my T? Or is it an "inferior" trans, as I've been told?

The main diffs are the valve body and the accumulator piston. Change them and you should be ok.

ARE THE SERVOS DIFFRENT? AND IS THE BRF BETTER? I HAVE 3 442 TRANNYS THAT IS WHY I ASK. AND A BUNCH OF BROKE BRF ONES:mad:

I've searched and seen mixed reviews. Didn't know there was a difference to begin with but a friend of mine said the T trans is a better unit than the ones in 442s. Is this the case?

The trans in my 87 Turbo T is supposedly "built", but I have no proof. It shifts OK but not like it has a shift kit or anything. I'd call it average.

On the other hand, I have an 87 442 with 200R4, fairly built WITH receipts to proove it, shifts firm w/the shift kit, has a documented 5k miles.

My question is, should I even bother swapping the 442 trans into my T? Or is it an "inferior" trans, as I've been told?
If its a KZ trans id throw in a CK servo and shift kit with plate and flog it just like any other. Its not inferior in any way with the servo and shift recalibration and will be superior to a stock BR for sure. It may may upshift 100-200 rpm sooner at WOT. Not a problem if you have stock cam/heads and turbo.