Build Forum

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I'm roaming the forum gathering ideas/thoughts/info for an upcoming frame off project on my '87 GN. I really find the frame off build threads helpful (particularly the pro touring ones). The problem is, they are scattered all over the place here.

And the list goes on. It sure would be nice to have a Project Updates forum like pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net to keep these threads in one easy to find area. As an interesting aside, on both forums, those Project Updates sections usually have more people viewing than all the other sections combined. Just a thought to make TB.com better. And easier for me to find what I want. :woot:

In my case, my car's in the B4black section for a reason. No one's ever done a B4black car like this and I wanted to make sure it could show the B4black guys how you can do it. Not done yet because of $ but hopefully this year I'll get a little further.

I understand why your car would be in the Before Black section and the Malibu wagon is in the Hybrids section. Perhaps people could put a quick post in their respective forum with a link to a thread in the Project Updates section. That way, everything related could be kept together.

Now I'm off to the Before Black forum to learn about the secret sauce in your frame. :)

I haven't touched it in a couple of years Dean. Do a search for a thread started by me and it should pop up fairly quickly. At least 1/2 the way through it you'll find the more interesting stuff.;)

I haven't touched it in a couple of years Dean. Do a search for a thread started by me and it should pop up fairly quickly. At least 1/2 the way through it you'll find the more interesting stuff.;)

Hey Charlie. Unless I'm missing something, you can't search this forum for threads started by a certain member. I did find one called "Finally got some time". I'm 12 pages into the 30 page thread. I saw you did some bracing to the rear end and flipped the spring pads on the axle tubes. Is that the thread you're talking about? I have to head out to the ship, but will work through it more later. Thanks.

That's it Dean. Of course all the BS thrown in by the other guys makes it much longer than it should be.

Man, that's a great idea.. I have a build going on too but nerver started a thread.. I would love to see a section just for builds

Prasad