BUICKS @ Niftee500es Sept. 24, 2016

86TexasT

I talked to Randy Shannon last night, We set a date Saturday September 24th for the Buicks @ Niftee50ees Car Show, including : Grand Nationals, Turbo Regals, Turbo Trans Ams, or any Buick powered vehicle. I will get there early to set up, we will have 2 rows reserved for us . . V8 cars on 1, Turbo cars on other. I will bring cold bottled water. Weather should be cooler. There is an admission fee $ 10 ( I think) . . this covers Insurance & security. Come out & join us if you can. You have plenty of notice, no excuses. . . :)- Robert Mahnke

Might make a nice road trip????
David...are you serious? At least I could see you again, since PowerTour didn't go the way I had planned.
Anyway..I will be there! I think there was 13 TR's last time. and many other Buick powered cars.
Jerryl / ChuckD /GBGN1 (bring that 3800 car)/ come on down!! As Robert said...you got plenty of notice!

Yeah I'm serious sounds like fun. I'll see if I can't get a few guys to come with me?

That would be cool. Out-of-towners at a local street meet, outstanding! On a nice night, there will be 200+ cars.

Attachments

• NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 022.JPG
    NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 022.JPG
    549.3 KB · Views: 125
  • NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 013.JPG
    NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 013.JPG
    474.1 KB · Views: 135
  • NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 015.JPG
    NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 015.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 135
  • NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 031.JPG
    NIFTEE50EES 07-18-2015 031.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 134
For those of you that have not seen the "block party" table (last pic), its a Buick v6 engine block with (6) wine bottles inserted in the cylinder holes to support a glass table top. Its actually so simple, but so cool, especially at a car show setting.

Might want to check their website. They lost the contract on the parking lot where the show was held a few days ago. I belive they are looking for a new venue.

If thats the case, Randy Shannon(, the promoter) and Robert Mahnke ( the ex- Buiuck club Pres.) will be posting a new location asap. No worries here, Niftee 50's has a huge membership following for years.

Might want to check their website. They lost the contract on the parking lot where the show was held a few days ago. I belive they are looking for a new venue.
I got the message today from Randy, he is looking for other options, I am checking for a backup plan also, have guys from Dallas coming down, wanna keep it on the north side of town, suppose to be a gathering @ a Lowes on 1960 near 529. I WILL RESPOND WITH DECISION ASAP. - ROBERT

This was on their facebook page.

I would love to meet other buick guys from houston dallas area. My car will stay tucked away at the house because its not much to look at and is an eye sore for now.

Niftee 50ees - September 3-2016

SPECIAL BULLETIN -

To our fellow classic car owners and guest, we regret to inform everyone that the property owners at the Corum Shopping Center have terminated our Saturday night events effective immediately.

We have no understanding as to the reasons at this time but did receive a certified letter stating the facts. Under our lease signage the owners do have the right to cancel at their discretion at any time. This was a very short notice and unexpected however we must abide by their request.

We ask that everyone refrain from assembling at the shopping center until we are informed on the reasons. NO CARS should be on the premises on any Saturday night. The events are canceled.

We will keep everyone posted on our future plans and where we go from here.

Our sincere apologies for the unexpected news!

Niftee 50ees

Thanks Robert, Looking forward to the event, I'm coming down no matter who comes with me. As soon as you guys get info on the new venue post it up.

This was on their facebook page.

I would love to meet other buick guys from houston dallas area. My car will stay tucked away at the house because its not much to look at and is an eye sore for now.

Niftee 50ees - September 3-2016

SPECIAL BULLETIN -

To our fellow classic car owners and guest, we regret to inform everyone that the property owners at the Corum Shopping Center have terminated our Saturday night events effective immediately.

We have no understanding as to the reasons at this time but did receive a certified letter stating the facts. Under our lease signage the owners do have the right to cancel at their discretion at any time. This was a very short notice and unexpected however we must abide by their request.

We ask that everyone refrain from assembling at the shopping center until we are informed on the reasons. NO CARS should be on the premises on any Saturday night. The events are canceled.

We will keep everyone posted on our future plans and where we go from here.

Our sincere apologies for the unexpected news!

Niftee 50ees

Total suckage! :cry:

Any word yet?
:) " GREAT NEWS" . . . . Just talked to Randy Shannon, we are good for next Saturday Sept. 24th @ the same location "Corum Shopping Center Parking Lot " . . he has worked out the details with management there . . Rules are : no engine reving, no burnouts, no speeding, park inside area marked off by cones . . DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF GOODWILL STORE. There is a Mexican Restaurant there with great food. I will get there about 5 to set up & help parking our cars. Randy wants a car count ( roughly) . . respond to this or text me if you are for sure coming . . 832-495-9054 - Robert