Buicks at Bates Car Show 2014 - June 1st, 2014

Sending 3 testers and some license plate frames.
Tester is easy smeezy...
Step 1.. unhook hose from nozzle.. 9/16 wrench will do.
Step 2.. connect hose to gauge assembly on modded cap.
Step 3.. Unplug 3 bar map and plug in simulator.
Step 4.. turn Ignition to ON and put GAIN on 8
Step 5.. go and sweep simulator from 0-30 psi.. observe pressure and look for leaks.

Should take a few minutes to test the kit in a simple fashion. Wont need alcohol if tank already has as it re-circ's it.

Unless there is a leak o_O

Glad to be a part..

Thank you, happy to be part of the operation!

Anyone want to buy a set of hotchkiss front upper control arms for a gn for bbody spindles. I can bring them. They're brand new

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Brent,

I'm interested. I already have the Hotchkiss upper A-arms, I might as well have the spindles to mount them on.

RJ

Ops, didn't mean that. I have Hotchkis front upper control arms. I'm loosing my mind. They are for bbody spindles

Just checked into my hotel in Lake Forest. Tomorrow, a visit with Papa Lou is in order. I'm sure he will want to have breakfast at Mimi's Cafe so he can get his dose of estrogen for the day.................:ROFLMAO:

Super disappointed will not be able to attend. I hope to be there next year. I am sure you will all have a great time, also mike thanks so much for all your input and advice the other day. I will be making arrangements to go see Lou very soon.

Wasn't able to make it last year. This Year Im Going To Be there

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

To everyone who played a part in making this the biggest Bates TR event ever!

To all the vendors, volunteers, and Buick peeps who came out in droves to support our cars!

Thanks again and we'll see everybody next year on June 7th!

=Eric

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!! Huge turnout, great raffle prizes, great to catch up with everyone!

Best Bates yet! Thank you!

Thank you all it was my 1st time there at Bates and was a great experience. ..

Had a outstanding time today. The show was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put a lot of names with faces today. It was great to meet you all. To the gentlemen that offered to help me with my car when I get that motor back THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) If you guys ever need a hand turning wrenches please let me know.

What a great time!

Thank you both, Mike and Eric.

With the exception of getting lost and ending up in Downtown San Diego, I had a great time meeting lots of new folks and messin' around with those I already know.

I'm lucky to be a part of the TB world. What a great bunch of people!

It turn out to b a Nice day , even though my fuel pump on my gn went out on me on my way to bates hopefully next year I will b able to drive it out their,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice and perfect meeting,(y)

THANKS 4 THE T SHIRT ( meanchicken ) (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Thanks again to mike and eric for their dedication and work for this show/meet/raffle. I won a HRparts coupon..Nice!!! I was able to bring my car this year talked to some old and met some new turbo guys. Brought my stepson to keep the car thing going with the younger generation, He enjoyed the show!!!
Hope to get to more shows then just the bates show... heard Mike and Jesse talking about that, something in the near future???
Anyways thanks again ... and the shirts are cool too!!!!

Wife just sent me the pictures. Thank you James and your family for looking out. Will be there for sure next year. (Hopefully)

Thank you Mike, Eric, Razor, Nick and many others who help support this operation! It is not a easy day for those who make this all possible!!!
I had no idea what I was getting into when I volunteered for the ALKY Control test kit demonstrator, but there are no regrets! The Test Kit easily showed everyone how the Alky System operates, working pressure and LEAKs !!!!
12 Cars were tested (4) tested good, (6) leaked - we had dripping to major showers of Alky!!! (1) Car was and Hybrid system that had a non standard MAP connector so we could only use the test button to get 20-40 PSI. (1) system did no appear to be functioning properly and is going back to the installer for repair.

After all was done everyone learned a lot about the ALKY systems! I KNOW WHERE MY PUMP IS GOING ...... SHIP TO ALKY CONTROL FOR A REBUILD !!! THANK RAZOR !

P.S. Winner of the worst leaking ALKY pump ..... 1st Place Mean Chicken ....... Runner up Spoolfool....

It was a perfect day for the drive to Bates, my fresh motor and trans got there first long haul and passed all the tests going home with the AC on!

It was a busy day, Great to see everyone and many new faces!!

Steve

Wife just sent me the pictures. Thank you James and your family for looking out. Will be there for sure next year. (Hopefully)

Easy day brother. Glad your wife and son got to come out! You have a great family! Car looked good and sounded good too.

Be safe brother!