Buicks at Bates Car Show 2014 - June 1st, 2014

I might need a vacation in cali ............

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey Chicken.
If you don't show up for this years show, I may feel the need to put you in a MUCH more "compromising" position on next years T-shirt. :chicken::sneaky:

I think Im going to have to explain what the deal is with farm animals on my shirt........

Oh well it will be an interesting conversation....

Anyone want to help me turn a few wrenches so I can bring my car?

I hope to get there again, last year was great, looking for some one I can talk to about getting a chip, if any one can please direct me to the best person that would be great. My car is 100 % untouched but I still feel it will benefit. Any input would be great.

Scott

Scott,
Turbo Tweak is a vendor here. They have the the most popular chips for our cars. Money well spent.

Mike B.

Well I was excited and hopeful to be going this year but last night my wife reminded me that "we're" out of town that weekend. :(

Pete, that sucks! I was hoping to catch up with you there! Enjoy the wife and fam, and let me know if you need any help. I don't recall if you had a display or anything. Take care brother!

Would have been nice to catch up, James. Maybe some decade I can attend.

I think Im going to have to explain what the deal is with farm animals on my shirt........

Oh well it will be an interesting conversation....

Or you could just refer all barnyard critter questions to Lou.............

I hope I get to meet a lot of you guys at the show.

Last edited:
Hey Eric and Mike, you doing name tags like last time? (Maybe with name and TB username) I know "crash" and "wool molester" are already spoken for! ;)

Eric/ Mike, since I missed the Southwest Buick swap meet dealio is there any plan to incorporate anything like that into this years Bates? Got any "swap tables"?

Eric/ Mike, since I missed the Southwest Buick swap meet dealio is there any plan to incorporate anything like that into this years Bates? Got any "swap tables"?

Here's the dealio.
The swap meet thing was a hit. I think we should have been doing these years ago. I'm planning on doing another one around October.

Bates Nut Farm charges Eric and I for the use of their place. They also charge us for each vendor we have selling stuff. This is why it is invite only for the vendors, because we pick up the tab for them. If someone has a table full of new parts, that would be a vendor in my eyes.

Now, If someone happened to have "forgotten" a few old, used parts in their trunk, Then the trunk was left open... That might be different.;)

If in doubt, send me a PM.

Mike B.

Copy all, makes perfect sense. A few parts may acidentally get left in the trunk then. ;)

Can't wait for Bates!

Good stuff is happening. :)

170 Event, Hanes T-shirts just showed up. This year, we've got small - 4X. ;)

Last year, So cal GN owner, Rick Seitz did a great write up on our show when he was with Street Legal TV. Here it is.
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/event-...-visit-bates-nut-farm-in-southern-california/
Well, since then, Rick hit the big time. He moved to Florida to pursue a dream job of being an editor at GM High Tech Magazine. Rick has not forgotten us. He's now set us up to have GM High Tech to cover our 2014 Bates show. There is a viscous rumor going around that while they are there, they "May" be looking for a few cars to do up coming articles on;).

A few people have expressed a desire to meet up after the Bates show for dinner. I'll hang out for that. If anyone has any ideas of a place near by, post it up. This is So Cal. We do have some of the best Mex food, North of the boarder. Not sure if the folks from AZ can handle our hot food though.:rolleyes::D

Less than two weeks.:)

Mike B.