buickday @ london

Should they spray the track at buick days?

• yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bring your own

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ask for refund at gate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I didn't know i had to bring my own traction compound to the event. No one had any traction of all the fast buicks there. What up with no VHT. Sorry to gripe, but there was no excuse not to spray the track.

Sorry Norbs,

I realize that you were having traction problems, but I did see them spray the track on two different occasions. I wasn't watching them all of the time because I was also racing my car.

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

Well maybe it was water, i have never hooked so bad before, and 3 of my friends also hooked bad, had to be something.......

Hey Norbs,

I don't know what it was, but I didn't have any problems with traction until the 1-2 shift. I was only running 13.6 - 13.8 on street radials but I was happy with the way the track was hooking for me. I did see you spin while launching, do you have any suspension work done? I also noticed Dave Rolands (?) (2 tone purple 85 GN) spin on one of his passes, but on average I didn't see too many people having traction problems.

Hopefully we will all be faster next year.

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

I saw them spray the track after that green goat went down the track. I was told that they sprayed both lanes.

Having said that.....Traction was unpredictable all day. I normally run a low 1.6 60' time. On a good track the my car will pull a 1.51 60' . My times ran from a 1.65 to a 1.79 on the 10 passes I made.

I tried to lower tire pressure to compensate but I could not predict what the car would do. It makes it real hard to run close to your dial when the track is unpredictable,

St. Thomas is NOT the worst track I have been to. But it is not Norwalk either (that place is just awesome). It is hard to keep a track hooking when street tires are run down the track pulling up the nice sticky rubber.

Just my 2 cents......or 3 cents Canadian with the exchange.

Dave Roland :)

richard in burlington... what kind of times you running. I have a 2002 ws6 TA i would like 2 see how i would hold up ???

i'll be in burlington on august 7 hwy5 and walkers line by longo's

richard in burlington... what kind of times you running. I have a 2002 ws6 TA i would like 2 see how i would hold up ???

i'll be in burlington on august 7 hwy5 and walkers line by longo's

Wildta-Go to Mapleview mall in Burlington at about 6 pm on aug 7. There will be at least 3 GN and about 100 other cars there.Richard runs 1290 and if thats not fast enough we can find something better hhehehe.
RON

Ya thats 12 something on street gas and street tires and low boost.Or we got some other cars around just a little faster.he he

Well i guess, i ran 11.40 for low boost and pump gas isnt bad, but still looking for that 10.5 at least.. maybe next time

ive always used a 70, and just cant get to launch good for some reason, either spins or comes out too soft. It still need more stall, you always see me sitting there and waiting to spool......

Yeah, I'm not too obssesive about my time slips; I'd rather spend my five months of winter in Mexico, if I so choose, and still have a split level in suburbia...