Buick vs. Ford Shootout-Dallas, TX 9/9/01

S

Splashey

I was asked to forward this to the forum. Hope to see some Buicks there since it looks like we are going to have more than our share of Mustangs available for toying with.

WHEN: Sunday, Sept, 9th 2001

WHERE: The world famous Texas Motorplex all concrete quarter mile located near Ennis, TX. http://www.texasmotorplex.com

Please link to http://www.lspbc.org for a downloadable .pdf flyer for this event....AND COME RACE WITH US!

I know (as always) the buzz is just starting as we enter the last few weeks of preparation for this event. As many of you know the folks with the Lone Star Performance Buick Club are fun to race with and will put on a good show.

heck...I wanna put a plug in for the Oklahoma guys too...their annual Buick vs. Ford race is a legend (and BIG fun!). Should be in November again right???

We will run this year using a class index or "index racing" as opposed to "bracket racing" like last years event. Index racing is like the 8.90, 9.90, 10.90, etc. that NHRA uses for divisional and national events.

We are running this format this year to promote the spirit and excitement of a "heads up" event. This way BOTH cars leave the line at the same time and the first to the stripe wins...as long as you don't run under your index!!! If both cars run under the index then it is the car closer to the index that will take the round win.

Example:

12.0 to 12.99 (you would be wise to run this class if your car is capable of consistant lower 12's). Try to come as close to a 12.0 as possible. If you run higher 12's then I would suggest jumping up to the 13.0 to 13.99 bracket...

All classes will be run HEADS UP on a Sportsman tree (.500)...thus giving you guys time to spool your mondo turbo's <grin>...

There will be a Quick 8 field (4 fastest Fords(?) and the four fastest Buick's) which will be pulled from the field during the MANDATORY drivers meeting. This class will also race heads up on the same sportsman tree that you will have been running all day during three (3) hours of open time trials! First to the big end wins...no breakout, again, heads up.

Event T-shirts will be available from the friendly volunteer staff on race day!

There will be six (6) index classes along with a Ladies Bracket and the above mentioned Quick 8 feature race.

NOTE PLEASE: We will have a first round buyback available for $10. Buy-Back participants will be entered into a consolation (BRACKET) class.

You are more than welcome to e mail me directly with questions and/or comments at rickb@dragracer.com

Sincerely on behalf of all LSPBC members and officers,

RickB
:cool::cool:

Ennis

Somebody needs to check the Ennis website. They have the race posted as 9-14.

Re: Ennis

Originally posted by rkendrick
Somebody needs to check the Ennis website. They have the race posted as 9-14.

It shows the 14th when I hit it just a second ago. ;)