Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Not by me. There were a few other out there taking photos. Cannot believe I missed someone with 539 photos and my feet and back killing me after the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I guess there is always next year. Hopefully I will be able to lift my front tires off the ground by then.

Tons and tons of very pissed off turbo Buicks on this site. You Buick guys need to get to work! I look forward to a Buick win next year and look forward to my son seeing a few of those bumper dragging V6 cars next year!

Seriously though, I don't think there was really that much sandbagging going on. I was the 26th fastest Ford qualifier with a 10.34. I ran a 10.23 in the final. I had my opponent covered by over a second. The ladder was just stacked with fast Fords.

I had a great time at this event again. I've attended off and on since 1997. It is always my favorite event because of the people. The Buick's are the glue that hold this race together. Keep 'em coming!

Matt

Reactions: BBR
Tons and tons of very pissed off turbo Buicks on this site. You Buick guys need to get to work! I look forward to a Buick win next year and look forward to my son seeing a few of those bumper dragging V6 cars next year!

Happens when you show up at a gun fight w/ a knife:smuggrin:

After looking at about half those pics you would have thought the Fords outnumbered us 10 to 1. lol

I did find two pics of my Sky and found 0 of my son's GN. easy to tell from the front lic plate Buick spelled in red letters with a red power 6.

Last edited:
Seriously though, I don't think there was really that much sandbagging going on. I was the 26th fastest Ford qualifier with a 10.34. I ran a 10.23 in the final. I had my opponent covered by over a second. The ladder was just stacked with fast Fords.

I had a great time at this event again. I've attended off and on since 1997. It is always my favorite event because of the people. The Buick's are the glue that hold this race together. Keep 'em coming!

Matt
That's true about the ladder. We had our street cars show up and none of our fast cars were there. I am thankful Andrade racing was there to help us out. the weather was the worse I had ever seen
and limited a lot of people getting a quicker times. Had a great time and want to attend next year.

Have the stickers for those that did not get one. Please SPECIFY if you need a top 20, a winner, or both. Example: If you were in the top 20 of your team and won, and you got one but not the other, please specify. If on Facebook, please visit Ford vs Buick group and send me an IM on Facebook with your name used on tech card, mailing address and the specific sticker you may have not received. If not on facebook, you can email me... lilthumperT70@aol.com Doubt many Buicks need a "winner" sticker though. ...... LOL, just a shot across the bow!!! I play.

Have the stickers for those that did not get one. Please SPECIFY if you need a top 20, a winner, or both. Example: If you were in the top 20 of your team and won, and you got one but not the other, please specify. If on Facebook, please visit Ford vs Buick group and send me an IM on Facebook with your name used on tech card, mailing address and the specific sticker you may have not received. If not on facebook, you can email me... lilthumperT70@aol.com Doubt many Buicks need a "winner" sticker though. ...... LOL, just a shot across the bow!!! I play.

Email sent.

Blake my Brother was one of those winners..... He should have already contacted you, but will ask him to make sure. Any top 20 left over I'd like one and I'll email you.

Can I get one for letting you beat up on me like you did...LoL :)

Bud he cheated he had two turbo's to your one! Sorry dude. I think we should have pulled one of his spark plugs loose. hahahahahahaha

Qwik nice run. Blake is right guys, we need to quit crying about losing and go do something about it. I'm going to put a better converter in mine so it will leave better and start looking for a race car chassis so I can run with the fast guys instead of the 10 second crowd. If you want to beat these guys, I suggest the rest of you do the same. The Fords keep getting faster, we cant stay where we are and expect them to roll over and die.

Bud he cheated he had two turbo's to your one! Sorry dude. I think we should have pulled one of his spark plugs loose. hahahahahahaha
I was thinking something along the same line...what if they had to run V6 engines with a single turbo...lol

Qwik nice run. Blake is right guys, we need to quit crying about losing and go do something about it. I'm going to put a better converter in mine so it will leave better and start looking for a race car chassis so I can run with the fast guys instead of the 10 second crowd. If you want to beat these guys, I suggest the rest of you do the same. The Fords keep getting faster, we cant stay where we are and expect them to roll over and die.
Thanks....and i agree